+1 bazzillion for EH 6L6GC's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R_ADKINS80

Reaction score
Anyone looking for an all out slamming 6L6GC for playing metal, especially drop tuned, I highly recommend these. In my collection I currently have many sets of 6L6 including JJ, Mesa 440's, TAD 6L6GC MSTR, Wing C and these. These are at the very top of my favorites list. There is absolutely nothing offensive about these and they sound MASSIVE and tight. Go buy them.....and love them.

I'm gonna have to check these out, as I'm currently running some Svetlana EL34's and they are approaching their due date 8)

Thank you! EH 6L6's have -the sound- if you ask me! I'm in love with my Sylvanias, but the EH tubes just have "it"; some kind of magic swirling sound that is oh so pleasing and blooming. Watch out though R_ADKINS, the ones I have burned out with fireworks when they went. :sadface:

So far, my EH power tubes are all the best of the tube horde. I currently have sextets of the 6L6GC, EL34 and 6550.

Latest posts

Back