Need to understand tube positions and assignements

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WannaBoogie

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a brand new DualRecto 100W/3ch that I don't want to screw up (my first tube amp ever)... Of course, I will use the stock tubes to see how I like them. but, alas! it is hopeless... I am a tinkerer.

So, I was reading here all afternoon looking for info on tubes and substitutes for them... as well as the reasons why I might want to do so. (found some great info BTW)

Also, I have been seeing references to mixing tubes in "V1, V2, etc." So, I ask myself - "What?" (The answer to one question leads to more questions and all that)

Is there a guide somewhere in this mountain of information that might serve as a primer to what all the tube positions affect, and why I might want one tube in V1 - and a different one in V5 or 6?

As far as tone... I seem to be gravitating towards Blues and Classic Rock with occasional moods of Modern metal thrown in. So, I'm ready to experiment and learn... But, at these prices... The learning must come first. :D

Thank You, for having this board up! I think I will need to read everything here eventually.
Any direction greatly appreciated.

This helped me to understand a few things about slots and tubes.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=32608

nicke

Back