Eurotubes 6V6 kit for single rect

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jebco black

Reaction score
Has any one tried the retube kit from Eurotubes for the Single Rectifier/Solo 50 series that uses 6V6 tubes to drop the wattage to 25 watts?

Would need a significant rebias.

For a short time Groove Tubes sold underperforming 6L6 tubes as 6V6 replacements when they couldn;t get 6V6 tubes. I put a pair in my Fender amp at the time. The tubes worked fine, but the bias voltage had to be moved quite a bit. The tubes came with a big warning note about it.

I assume that if you can go one direction, you can go the other as well.

elvis said:
Would need a significant rebias.

For a short time Groove Tubes sold underperforming 6L6 tubes as 6V6 replacements when they couldn;t get 6V6 tubes. I put a pair in my Fender amp at the time. The tubes worked fine, but the bias voltage had to be moved quite a bit. The tubes came with a big warning note about it.

I assume that if you can go one direction, you can go the other as well.

I heard JJ's could manage high voltage? that's what there using at Randall MTS amps!

Got them in my Rectoverb. They sound great. Ran KT77's for a long time and had the 6v6's laying around and gave them a shot.

I have JJ 6v6 for my RoV. I originally purchased from Eurotubes simply because the site said "Too loud? Try these..." thought it would improve bedroom volume.

Not necessarily true.

In terms of tone, the only difference was a warmer clean. I still prefer 6L6.

Also, didn't require a change in bias. Able to run safely with switch on EL34.

Don't mean to hijack this thread :mrgreen:

How do you find out a 6L6 based(?) amp that can be swap with an 6v6 JJ tubes?
what about EL34 amps?

Back