Problems with my Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbzon77

Reaction score
Dear Srs.

A few days ago, finally my MB Mark V arrived to my home (Chile). I bought this amp from ebay one month ago. A friend of mine bring it to me personally, but he doesn't put out the tubes from the amp when he returns to Chile.

Here, I bought a 500 W step-down transformer and connected the amp and then selected channel 1. Really awesome !... later I moved to channel 2 with a little more gain, and 10 minutes after that the amp loss gain and weight, the same features on channel 3... I turned it off, but later was the same thing.

Is this associated to a damage of tubes, power o preamp??... I want to buy a tubes replacement.. do you thing Mesa boogie are the best? ... have they kits for Mk V?... or should I buy 2 duets of 6L6 GC + 1 5U4GB + 7 12AX7 ??

Please help me .. this is the dream come true but I can not play yet..

Thanks for your help

Thanks for you response. I am out of my house right now, but I read in a mesa boogie file that it is possible change of tone And weakness when you have the effect loop active without anything connected. I tested that quickly And sounds better but I must check slowly everything when arrive to my home.
Thanks again

Back