Mazda ECC83/12AX7 - has anyone tried these?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SneakyPete

Reaction score
I'm continuing my hunt for NOS 12AX7's in my Single Rectifier and came across this tube - does anyone know about it? Has anyone tried it in different slots and can describe it's characteristics?

Thanks in advance!

The real French Mazda is pretty nice a little edgy but Mullard comparable for rock tones. Do not buy the "foreign made" versions. These are not the same tube. I saw some on E-bay but they looked like rebranded Ei or even Chinese but without the extra stabilizer. They will not sound the same as the French tube. The French gray plate tube sounds good. I have not heard the silver plate version. Again, the "foreign made" tube is not the same tube though they are offered in a gray plate and a silver plate also. The "foreign made" tube looks nothing like the originals. The real French Mazda tubes look like Mullards too with longer plates.

Thanks for the info - I saw them on eBay and wondered. I'll stay away from the foreign ones.

Thanks again!

Back