RFT vs. Tungsgram

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussB

Reaction score
RFT vs. Tungsgram

This is in my single rec, V1.

The RFT is darker. Nice grunt to it. This particular tube is very quiet

Tungsgram is bright and crunchy. "Clearer" sounding that the RFT. You must turn down the presence compared to the RFT.

Right now I'm digging the Tungsgram. I got these tubes from the Tubemonger a few years back.

I've had a RFT in V1 of my Stiletto for a couple of weeks now. That is one dark little mother 8)
It gets me where I want to be through.

i have both of them in my two 2 channels DRs. RFT in V1 and Tungsram in V5. I prefer RFT in my DRs, i bought 10 of them so i'm good for a very long time. I find the RFT to be close in tone but better than the JJ Ecc83s wich is my favorite tube from today's production. I have bought many NOS and today's produstion tubes, tried them in every position and here is the best receipe i have found in my DRs:
V1 RFT
V2 phillips 7025 made by Mullard (this is a rebranded Mullard ecc83)
V3 JJ Ecc83s
V4 sino 9th generation (i don't know why but to me, in this position, it sounds better than all the others i have in my collection, but it has to be replaced much more often than all the others i have in the other positions, it will stop working after about 1 year, the others will last much longer)
V5 Tungsram or RFT

danvortex said:
i have both of them in my two 2 channels DRs. RFT in V1 and Tungsram in V5. I prefer RFT in my DRs, i bought 10 of them so i'm good for a very long time. I find the RFT to be close in tone but better than the JJ Ecc83s wich is my favorite tube from today's production. I have bought many NOS and today's produstion tubes, tried them in every position and here is the best receipe i have found in my DRs:
V1 RFT
V2 phillips 7025 made by Mullard (this is a rebranded Mullard ecc83)
V3 JJ Ecc83s
V4 sino 9th generation (i don't know why but to me, in this position, it sounds better than all the others i have in my collection, but it has to be replaced much more often than all the others i have in the other positions, it will stop working after about 1 year, the others will last much longer)
V5 Tungsram or RFT

every chinese tube i tried in my amps and tube pedals always sounds great to me. i dont know why or what caused the bad rap regarding them, but, i'm only about 2 years into this whole tube thing. i agree though, the short life is an issue, but the sound is pretty damned good.

Latest posts

Back