Poweramp valve specs...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KH Guitar Freak

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was wondering what specs I should look out for when it comes to buying non Mesa poweramp valves beyond merely making sure that the mA rating is within tolerance. Thanks...

Oh btw, I take it that a rating of 31.5mA for a matched quad would be ok to use in a Mesa amp???

Ok, the rating the seller has given for the matched quad are 31.5/2.73. Not sure what "2.73" stands for but...

what kind of valves... 6L6 or EL-34, and which amp? I'm pretty sure my mark II's take tubes from high 20 to low 30's in mA. The 2.73 may be the gm or mutual conductance. which is ma/V, and is another parameter in matching tubes.

I don't know enough to say "yes" those tubes are safe, but I think they are within the proper range. It depends on the voltage and current of his tester i think.

will someone that knows what they are talking about please help me :D

scott

Depends entirely on where they got that 31.5 ma from.I can put those same tubes in my tester,adjust the bias and or my plate voltage and get 37.8 ma's.Unless a supplier says they are tested to match Mesa's specs,you cant be sure.

stokes said:
Depends entirely on where they got that 31.5 ma from.I can put those same tubes in my tester,adjust the bias and or my plate voltage and get 37.8 ma's.Unless a supplier says they are tested to match Mesa's specs,you cant be sure.

Ah yes. I've clarified that with my valve supplier a while ago. Installed them in a Randall RM100KH instead. Cheers...

Back