Anybody using tube dampers???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digi

Reaction score
I just put these dampers on my telefunkens....

anybody else seen these?

Picture2.jpg

Yeah, I have a set on V1 and V2 of my preamp tubes and a set on the power tubes of my F-50 combo. They do help with the vibration in my combo. I'm not sure if they are as effective in a head, as the head is seperated from the speaker cab.

Yeah I just saw those in your other post.

Those are funky looking....

I would almost be scared to use them. They seem rather achaic.

I think I will stick to the typical o-ring or shrinktubing.

I overlooked tubelife in a combo. How sill of me... I guess my migration to a combo cab was for not.

Looks like my Mark IV will be heading back to the safety of my short head cabinet. I will probably keep the combo cabinet for resale if I ever sell my head (unlikely) but keep the chassis in the head.

I think I might have to at least fire it up once in the combo cabinet being I just spent money getting the cabinet and the EVM. Problem is I still need a speaker lead. I guess I can go get one this weekend so I can jam on the 4th in the combo. Then take it back down to the head :?

Oh wait a minute....

I just had a wonderful idea....

I can blank out the chassis opening and have a nice openback EVM.

:D

Or make the chassis opening into a port instead of blanking it and close the back of the cabinet for a makeshift Thiele? :roll:

Russ said:
Or make the chassis opening into a port instead of blanking it and close the back of the cabinet for a makeshift Thiele? :roll:

now your talking. 1 giant port of rectangular shape... hmm tell us how it goes.

I just saw possibly the ugliest example of a Theile knock off on e-bay yesterday...

digi said:
I just put these dampers on my telefunkens....

anybody else seen these?

I've seen them - don't they come with different options of ring material, for varying the mass? Seems like they might do well, if you're trying to preserve a favorite/expensive tube that has become microphonic.

I guess my question back would be - why are you doing that? Did your T-Funkys really become microphonic? I always thought those were very robust tubes, and, in fact, I believe I'd like them better if they did verge more on becoming microphonic.

- T

Latest posts

Back