what are they??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshman

Reaction score
I've acquired a Strategy 400 and I know it needs a few new tubes. I got it in poor condition with 8 6L6GC-STR420s, of which 2 were bad, and 4 EL34/6CA7-STR440. I've currently got it loaded up one side with original 6L6, the other with a combination of JJ 6L6/EL34, just for testing purposes.

Since I plan to use this mother for bass, I'm considering retubing the whole thing with 6L6gc for max headroom. I like the JJ 6L6GC in my other tube bass amp, so I'll probably go that route (unless someone has a dozen 7027A they need to unload for cheap).

The EL34s all look in good condition, but I don't know what they are...They have 2 getter 'rings', although they look more like tiny washboards. The plates have two small panels that appear to be spot-welded on them. There are two mica pieces on the upper edges to keep the innards off the glass, and "16 16" is written on the top of the flat bit that keeps all the internal organs in their proper place (but each tube has a different number there), which also seems to be made of mica or some similarly translucent material. Any thoughts as to what they might be?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

OK, I found the camera and took some pics. Sadly, I appear to be unable to post them. I am a bass player, so go easy on me. I'm sure I could email them if anyone is interested, but ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edit--so I looked up the FAQ and discovered why I can't post photos...and I don't have an online acct anywhere, so they'll hafta wait, unless anyone wants 'em direct. Thanks again...

go to google, type image hosting, select a site and upload the pics. then select whichever code it says for message boards.

Latest posts

Back