6N2P?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried the 6n2p?

It is a Russian equivalent to the 12ax7/ecc83. I have been eyeing them for a couple years but have been reluctant to put them in my heads because I am a little too cautious to try something not documented as being absolutely safe.

I have some experience with various mini tubes but not with these. Any and all posts of experiences with this tube would be appreciated here.

I believe that they have e, v, and ev versions. The versions are supposed to be enhanced and ruggedized. I am assuming that this would mean in an ev it would be like a wa, wb, or wc. They are Russian military tubes and are rather cheap. So this is tempting me to try some.

Well... first off don't plug a 6N2P into a 12AX7 slot. 6N's are a 6V source tube and the 12AX's are 12V source based tube. You may damage the tube. I've only seen these come stock in Red Bear Amps from the 90's. Word has it that they are quieter than 12AX7's, more durable and longer lasting. Personally I've only plugged into a Red Bear once and at that time was not as Tube/Amp savvy as I am now. I do remember it being LOUD! Unless you are comfortable with adjusting the reference voltage in your amp...Stick to the 12AX's

I have seen them selling with adapter sockets that you plug into your standard 9pin mini socket. I am curious to hear any reviews from people that have tried them. I am always screwing around with things to try to get a unique tone or at least something less common. Anyone?

Latest posts

Back