Svetlana tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eldi

Reaction score
I'm thinking about retubeing my amps with some Svetlanas. On Musician's Friend's website, they offer 3 options: Hard/Blue, Medium/Green, and Soft/Red. Now, I know that in the Groove Tubes grading system, 4 thru 6 is supposed to be ok for Boogies. Am I to assume that Svetlana has a simular grading system & that the Medium/Green is in the safe range for Boogies? I've heard alot of good things about Svetlana's and I think I could money and get a better tone by getting these instead of the overpriced Mesa & GT tubes.

In the US, current production tubes marketed under the Svetlana name are just Sovteks... likely the same stock tubes that are in your mesa.

SED tubes with the the "winged C" (=C=) logo are comparable to NOS Svetlanas - come from the same plant... just marketed in the US under a new name.

...FYI...

I had the "new" svetlana's in my Mark II a while ago, not only did they sound terrible, they blew up after about 6 months.

Go with the SED "winged C" tubes....

http://thetubestore.com/svetlana.html

Back