Intergrated Quad (E34L/6L6) in a Dual Rec from Eurotubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kesa

Reaction score
First off, This is my first post here so greetings everybody!

Now to my Qusetion. I ordered the intergated Quad of JJ 6L6's/E34L's from bob at Eurotubes. He was really cool and spent way to much time on the phone with me explaining all of the things I wanted to know. I ordered on a friday and recieved the tubes the following tuesday (and im in Canada)! I did what he told me to, Installed the tubes, Set to EL34's, With the rectifier switch set to Tube Rectifier, Let it all warm up for a few minutes and played. Instantly I had a very good tone. The week before I ordered the tubes I tried 2 Groove tubes from my friends Marshall Silver Jubilee and was totally impressed but I also noticed the difference in lack of bottom end that the 6L6's gave me. Has anyone else tried this setup? If so can anyone suggest some settings with the quad? I guess I am so stuck on how to get the tone I like from the 6L6's that Im kinda having some difficulty with the Quad.

Also, I Ordered 2 more E34L's from bob that will match the 2 I got with the quad. I just find that now that I have used the E34L's that I have no more looseness and I get a warmer tone at lower volumes.

Srry my question is so long, I've owned my Rec for 2 years now but I always seem to not have the knowledge alot of you on here may have. Thanks in advance and thanks for answering!

Back