What about Ei tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fatboy135 said:
after 10 hours of use one of the ei tubes has just become microphonics, what great piece of sh!t are those tubes.
:evil:
Sorry I did not see your post on Ei's before you bought them - I would have warned you about their high likelihood of becoming microphonic. :cry:

- T

Hi, i'm new in this forum, and also if it named "the boogie board", i'm a Marshall owner, and i want to defend the Ei tubes...we all knows about problems about microphonic...but the 12ax7 Ei (i only tested the Silver plate) are very very nice in PI stage of my jcm2000.. they can reproduce that sweet sound of '80 heavy metal.
I bought 2 12ax7 Ei grey plate, and they were microphonic. Dunno about gold pin...i think that they are grey plate but with a vintage sound...try ther silver plate, above all in PI stage.

Ehehe...i ordered 4 Ei silver plates on ebay...i'm waiting for them. When i will cheched them i will tell you if they are microphonic o no.

Marci...
Try a JJ Ecc803 or a Groove Tube 12AX7M in V1. I have 2 Dual Rec's, both are the old 2 channel, and they come alive with these tubes.

My configuration now is JJ ecc803s in V1 (sound too bright), shuguang 12ax7a in v2 e v3 and a Svetlana s logo (like EH) in PI...with this configuration my dsl100 doesn't sound to harsh...but i think that jj 803s is too thin and bright to work in a marshall..i'm waiting for a pair of JJ ecc83s. I'm about to restore the default combination of preamp tubes that was when i bought the amp (Ei silver in v1 and PI, and two china in v2 and v3), with the different that i'm going to put 4 JJ KT-77 in the final stage. let's rock!

i think that jj 803s is too thin and bright to work in a marshall

Marshall???!!! Why didn't you say so (you did, I just read it...). That's a whole other subject there. The 803's are great w/ a DR. The Chinese tubes work well with my DSL 2K 50W. I love the green channel on that amp. I'm not to thrilled with the red channel...hence the Mesa's. I'm also using the JJ EL-34L's.

Guitarzan said:
i think that jj 803s is too thin and bright to work in a marshall

Marshall???!!! Why didn't you say so (you did, I just read it...). That's a whole other subject there. The 803's are great w/ a DR. The Chinese tubes work well with my DSL 2K 50W. I love the green channel on that amp. I'm not to thrilled with the red channel...hence the Mesa's. I'm also using the JJ EL-34L's.

ehhe :p don't worry! Who choose Marshall means that he wants a tipical hard rock/heavy rock sound, so i think that Ei do this work very well...by the way JJ are very quite tubes.

:D Unfortunately Ei is not passing good times in these years...i will hope that they will arise. Let us tuned on your news about Ei elites.

Latest posts

Back