JJ's?Eurotubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geenads

Reaction score
I recently replaced my power tubes in my DC3 with a set of JJ's... and still had an initial problem with my amp.. (see previous posts "DC3 problems"..)... maybe i got a bad one from my new batch.. put a spare mesa tube to replace the socket/tube that was acting up, and no more problems.. of course it's probably delivering the same sonic value as riding your car with an odd tire... I am thinking about doing a complete "oil change"... Eurotubes has a pretty good deal on all tubes for around $85... and they let u specify if u want "early, breakup" middle of the road break up, etc. for your tubes.. depending on what style u play.. they use JJ's.. anyone have experience with this company??

Bob from Eurotubes is great, I think you'll find that everyone on this board who has dealt with eurotubes has great experiences to share, including myself.

He'll point you in the right direction, he responds to email in less than 12 hours usually.

Got a Mesa 50/50 from ebay...it had a new set Sovtek 5881 WXT's and Electro-Harmonix EH's...sounded awful. After extensive research I found Bob at Eurotubes. His site is very informative, far more than anybody else's IMO. Called and spoke with him personally...he is very informative and very patient...listens to everything I had to say regarding my concerns and the tone I was looking for. So, I ordered what he suggested-JJ's 6L6GC and JJ's ECC83S...absolutely 100% improvement. Hope this helps and good luck!

i retubed my Nomad 45 with JJ's. i got the high gain set, but opted for an ECC803S for the V1 (i think that's the one) for a super clean channel 1. wow. i really liked my amp before. since retubing, i'm in love :D

Bob @ Eurotubes rocks, hands down.

I too highly recommend Eurotubes. I was kind of leery about getting them because a lot of people say they darken your sound, but I have not found this to be the case. I used his graded high gain ECC83S in V1-4, a regular in V5, and a balanced in V6, and a matched set of 6L6's in my DC-10 combo. Man, I liked it before, but I love it now!

Biggest complaint of euro tubes would have to be the extreme lack of options. If you want a 12ax7 theres only 1 choice..unless you count the longplate..then theres 2 choices. While if you dig jj, your set, but if your trying to 'find' your way i suggest not to go there...go to dougs tubes, and if you settle on JJ's give old bob a shout.

Another positive +1 for Bob and Jay at Eurotubes! Veyr happy retubed LSS owner here.

Anxious to hear what the front end, high gain setup sounds like :? .
I just ordered my first set for my Series II Single Rec.

How do you guys feel about the JJ E34L's as compared to the more expensive Mesa EL34's? I have the $60/pair, STR-442's currently installed.

Also, Ive read about people pairing Yellow Jackets housing EL84's with other tubes to blend tones in their Duals & Triples. Does anyone know of a Single Rectifier owner that has attempted to use the EL84's / Yellow Jackets in their power stage???

Hoove_Dogg said:

www.reddition.com

Triple-rec all JJ glass (hi-gain front, 6L6GC power, GZ34 rec) certainly not CD-quality this is a FOH mix but check out "To Battle" for a live example of what they sound like.

How do you guys feel about the JJ E34L's as compared to the more expensive Mesa EL34's?

The EL-34L's are richer, tighter and more low mids are present. There's more headroom on the top end. I have a set in my Marshall DSL 2K. I highly recommend the "L"'s You can also get Groove Tubes EL-34LS's. They buy JJ tubes and label them "S".

Hoove_Dogg said:
I just ordered my first set for my Series II Single Rec.

How do you guys feel about the JJ E34L's as compared to the more expensive Mesa EL34's? I have the $60/pair, STR-442's currently installed.

Also, Ive read about people pairing Yellow Jackets housing EL84's with other tubes to blend tones in their Duals & Triples. Does anyone know of a Single Rectifier owner that has attempted to use the EL84's / Yellow Jackets in their power stage???

I'm one of the DR 84/34L guys. I absolutely LOVE the JJ EL34L's. They literally stomp the mesa ones. I had a stiletto for about 2 weeks and I put the JJ's in and ran it in 50W mode and it was just night and day. They have this really intense crunch with really complex harmonic overtones that I could never get with the Mesas, the Mesas lack balls and low end completely to my ears.

Platypus said:
He'll point you in the right direction, he responds to email in less than 12 hours usually.

My previous experience with Bob has been brill, but I've sent a couple of emails recently and haven't had responses yet (it's been a few days). Anyone know if everything's alright on his end?

Woo hoo, they're here!!!! :eek: :D
How about that. I ordered them late Wednesday night, they shipped out Thursday and they arrived on Saturday! All the way from Oregon to Indiana, sweet.
I have to say that I for one am impressed with their level of customer service. After I placed the order, they contacted me to thank me. Then I asked a few questions about their tubes and how they compared to stock Mesa tubes. A guy named Jay was quick to reply and answer all of my questions! :)
So far, I am satisfied, but the real test will be on Monday when I plug them in at practice!!

thelordofcheesecake said:
Platypus said:

My previous experience with Bob has been brill, but I've sent a couple of emails recently and haven't had responses yet (it's been a few days). Anyone know if everything's alright on his end?

I jsut ordered a bunch of tubes for my Mark 3 from him.his phone has been super busy.It took me 6 tries to get his phone line open.

So if he hasn't gotten back to you, it's probably bnecause guys like me keep calling him and asking technical questions which keep him on the phone all day :)

So, what do the numbers written on the boxes mean??
The High Gain tubes all have two numbers on their box.....
112 115
111 115
113 114
Oh, the balanced also has numbers....
104 101

Does this have something to do with the amount of gain?
Anyone with experience know what would be the optimum configuration for the HG tubes?

peace

Latest posts

Back