Lonse Start Special Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
Just picked up my LSS head this afternoon. Matching 4x10 cab should be here on Wednesday. Its the medium head which is bigger than I anticipated. Even on the 5watt setting this sucker is loud.

No comments about the Marshall cab it is in need of a make over.

lss-marshall.jpg

Ned

1. If that's the medium head, I'd hate to see the long head. :shock:

2. Marshall cabs look better when they're beat up. 8)

So, is it sounding like you hoped it would?

Remeber that cab is a 4x10 so it's quite a bit smaller than a 4x12. But it is much bigger than I expected. Seems much deeper than the F series heads, I may have to order the small head.

Amp sounds good and you can really get her to sustain. Hoping it really shines with the matching Boogie cab I'll get next week, been on order since February.

It's a good think I've got the beat up Marshall. The Boogie looks to good to take out of the house. It feels like it weighs twice as much as the Marshall as well.

I'm really thinking of getting the LSS 2-12 now. The thought of a versatile combo, and all class A, with tube rectifier in 5 & 15 watt is really appealing to me... I have a mark III with 2 EV/ thieles, all in Imbuya/wicker, and it's a tone beast. But I'm now leaning towards a more vintage tone..
Can you post some clips, and settings? I need to make sure I'm making the right choice since the purchase of the LSS would then doom me to sell my mighty little stack..... :(
I'm playing clean jazzy stuff, blues, and classic rock. My metal days are over. I do have a V Twin that I can use in the LSS when I get the itch.
Please help!
ax. :?

Good review, but still intimidated..I know, from the hour of fiddling with it, that the cleans are great. But how is the drive? I quickly sampled the drive channel, but some kid was banging out "smoke on the water" through an F50, and I got frustrated and left. In your clips for channel 2, the 15 watt setting was nice, the 5 watt was really wooly. Is there more gain to be had? In the 30 watt mode, can it get gainier? I'm not saying Recto, or Mark, but how high is the gain?
Also, how's the reverb? I thought it sounded great in both settings of verb on the clean channel.. Is it a pan reverb?
Again, thanks for the insight... I actually downloaded the manual last night, and read it twice! I want to go into my Mesa dealership prepared to make a big decision....I wish I knew someone who had one I could try for a couple of days...Just to be sure.. But I'm going back in and lock the damned door behind me...I need to tweek it, with a strat and a Les Paul, and be sure......
thanks man..
ax. :twisted:

Your not going to get Recto crunch but there is definately more gain. The gain is more smooth than crunchy. Go to the amp settings section of the site and write down some the settings before you go to the store again as the tone stack has a very tight integration with the drive.

I need all the help I can get to make the right decision... I've never jazzed like I am now, and the thought of not lugging around the head and 2 cabs (heavy as ****) is appealing. I will write down all of the settings in this forum, and check it out again. Plus, this time, I'm checking out the 2-12 they have still in the box. If I'm going this route, I'm going ALL the way.... I plan to order the LSS in 2-12 (fillmore) with the red croco covering....
I think the LSS will serve my needs better, though I will miss my mark III... Hopefully, someone will get it and find it as inspiring as I have, and know that they'll always have excellent metal tone, and an absolute indestructible rig that will last a lifetime....
:cry: lol....
ax. :twisted:

Ned, where did you order the cab from, if I may be so bold to ask...

I ordered mine through Guitar Center in Austin. Most of the employees at this location seem to know their stuff and really work hard for your biz. I got the Marshall 410 there as well.

Coolness - after payday, off I go to GC up here in the northeast :)

Latest posts

Back