Metallica - Hetfield Black album sound - bedroom/home set-up

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unforgiven

Reaction score
hello all

new here so please be gentle :p

Its time for me to upgrade my home set up and I've been obsessed with Metallica/Hetfields playing for many years. Playing is a great hobby for me and nothing more as my day job keeps me extremely busy. I have been using the Snakebite for well over 12 months now and love it. I want to upgrade my amp to a Mesa Boogie, finally! Budget isn't really an issue but would prefer not to spend over 6k if possible. I'm in a large loft with neighbors so I don't want to blow the walls out. My amp is currently 90W and its loud enough and I end up playing through headphones a lot.

I'm sure this gets asked all the time here but I wanted to get specific with this bedroom sound. Black album - I know its a challenge and I will never get it exactly but close as possible is good enough for me.

Would the following get me close.

Mesa/Boogie JP-2C Mark IIC+ - 60/100W Head & Mesa/Boogie Boogie Five-Band Graphic EQ

or

A friend is suggesting the Mesa Mini Rectifier 25 through a 1x12 cab instead.

Any thoughts from any kind experts on here?

I'm thinking of throwing the Line 6 DM4 in there too or just getting a Helix so I'm covered for any sound that the amp can't do.

Many thanks in advance.

kindest regards
Rob

Back