"While We Sleep" - still. not. perfect [IIC+/Marshalls]

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fdesalvo

Reaction score
I've retracked the majority of this with my Seafoam Strat; still has its purple Tele underpinnings, though. IIC+/Marshall+Tele/Strat with BKP Abraxas bridge pups:

Notes:
It's also been remixed/mastered, but let me tell you..this song, in particular, has been the most challenging project I've undertaken yet. Mixing this has been an absolutely strenuous and frustrating exercise, but I am learning still. No challenge = no growth. It would be much less challenging without the vocals.

That said, it is still rough, but it's as good as my current skill set will allow it to be. If I ever make it, I'll have a dude to sweat this out!

https://soundcloud.com/frankdesalvo/while-we-sleep

Updated - had to retrack with my Tele. Used the following amps/cabs:

Rhythm: JCM800/V30, Silverface Twin/TS, IIC+ Combo, 5150 Combo

Lead - Boosted Plexi + special concoction of fx.

Sound will collapse a bit in mono (iphone speaker), but shines on proper systems with two drivers.

man this song is right in my "wheel house" so to speak.....I really dig it. i enjoyed it a great deal. it has a familiarity to it without being too similar to another artist. well done.

Back