Dual Rectifier has not a whole lot of gain

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPaiz11505

Reaction score
I used to have a triple rectifier with the same tubes as my dual that I currently have, and for some reason there is not a lot of gain. Any ideas what the issue could be? The moron that I bought it off of had some weird tubes in it that would constantly blow the fuse. So I got 6l6s and the 5u4gbs and there is a huge lack of gain. Also my clean and one of the dirty channels doesn't get as loud as the the third channel.

JPaiz11505 said:
I used to have a triple rectifier with the same tubes as my dual that I currently have, and for some reason there is not a lot of gain. Any ideas what the issue could be? The moron that I bought it off of had some weird tubes in it that would constantly blow the fuse. So I got 6l6s and the 5u4gbs and there is a huge lack of gain. Also my clean and one of the dirty channels doesn't get as loud as the the third channel.

Have you done any preamp tube troubleshooting? If not tube related, you may have deeper issues...

Back