My New Rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CudBucket

Reaction score
Sold the Mark IV but I'm still in the Mesa family. (Somewhat)

amp.JPG

Those are soooooo cool looking :shock: I had the XXX head with EL34's and I didn't really like it, the clean was too brittle, I think this was in part due to the lack of a presence knob.... how's this clean sound? Heck, hows the over all sound? I wonder if 6L6's would have made it sound less brittle?

You sold your Mark IV for that? Not that that is a bad amp. I have check that head out quite a bit and the Mark IV to me is alot better.

Cochise, you're right. I did sell my Mark IV for this amp. This amp works better for me than either of my 2 Mark IVs did. I have no regrets. I'd rather have a Dual Recto than a Mark IV now.

In any case, the cleans on the JSX are easily as good as a Mark IV and the JSX has more and different gain than the Mark IV. I love the Mark IV but this is better for me.

That' nice cod...have you thought about getting the 2X12 Vertical? It looks very cool, easier to carry and I think gives me a more audibal sound!

Gear.jpg
[/img]

Either way your gear rocks out!!

JA

I actually had the vertical cab but didn't like the head sitting up there wider than the cab. The head is wider than a recto I think. It's 26.5" wide and 11" deep. I have kids running around here and didn't want them tipping it. Looks pretty cool on the horizontal recto. I may get another one!

Peace.

Dave

PS, I tried my new cab out with a Dual Recto head. Man, I liked it. Might get one soon.

Dave

Cud-

There is a JSX settings database at GrailTone.com if you would care to enter some settings for your new amp.

Ned

CudBucket said:
I actually had the vertical cab but didn't like the head sitting up there wider than the cab. The head is wider than a recto I think. It's 26.5" wide and 11" deep. I have kids running around here and didn't want them tipping it. Looks pretty cool on the horizontal recto. I may get another one!

Peace.

Dave

My guitarist has a vert 2x12 recto cab which he runs with a JCM. It looks really silly because the JCM chasis is much wider than most Mesa ones, so he just puts it on its side.

I've had a JSX for about 6 months now and I absolutely love it. I just got a mesa dual rect about 3 days ago and it is great too. I love the jsx's clean and 3rd channel for leads, but the mesa definitely has a crunch to it that I like better. The jsx isn't bad by any means, I just prefer the rhythm crunch stuff for the mesa. I changed out the jsx's el34s to 6l6s and that definitely gave it a more aggresive sound. And I'm running them both through a homebrew 2x12 with V30s. I started with eminence swamp thangs, but they had a bit too much honk. The V30s have a great tight crunch to them.

I've got a set of 6L6s to try as well. I happen to like the Crunch channel on the JSX the best.

CudBucket, congrats on the new JSX. And if you prefer the Recto over the Mark IV (nothing wrong with that by the way) then the Mark definitely is not your amp.

I'm the other way around I love the clean, crunch, and lead sounds of the Mark IV. Both good amps, they’re just different.

Nice rig by the way. It wouldn't be my choice, but nice. :wink:

cesjr

DSCF0045.jpg

This used to be my room....

Now I just trimmed it to a Dual Rectifier. XXX really didnt do it for me,

Now its just this (pictured with my main Guitar)

EBMMJPRecto.jpg

:)

Back