Help me build my rig.....please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryswanson

Reaction score
So I wanna build an awesome stereo rig. I've got the amps, cabs and a few pedals and now a case with 8 rack spaces. With 2 taken up by my pedal draw.

I've never done this before so I would appreciate some people options and ideas. I do know that I want the following but don't know much about what are the good brands and models.

Power conditioner
Rack Tuner
Amp switcher
Wireless system
Multi effects unit

I would also like to make all my own cables and have it looking very tidy unlike the pic below.
Where can I buy quality cable and connectors?

So what models and brands would you guys recommend ? I play mostly metal and hard rock
http://postimg.org/image/ugya0yi31/

barryswanson said:
So I wanna build an awesome stereo rig. I've got the amps, cabs and a few pedals and now a case with 8 rack spaces. With 2 taken up by my pedal draw.

I've never done this before so I would appreciate some people options and ideas. I do know that I want the following but don't know much about what are the good brands and models.

Power conditioner
Rack Tuner
Amp switcher
Wireless system
Multi effects unit

I would also like to make all my own cables and have it looking very tidy unlike the pic below.
Where can I buy quality cable and connectors?

So what models and brands would you guys recommend ? I play mostly metal and hard rock
http://postimg.org/image/ugya0yi31/

Ahhh sorry to go off topic, but how do you like that Radial ABY? I am looking into getting one, but I heard that unless its the more expensive "buffered/iso whatevers," like the Radial Twin Cities, that it will suck tone? Thanks!

I honestly haven't been able to pick if it does. But if it does the signal is boosted with a Klon on the input side and is also buffered by the chorus pedal on the transformer side (output B) of the radial.

Most modern rack effects will have a tuner built in. I would use a power strip attached to the drawer, the power conditioner will not be necessary. I've tried a wireless, but more trouble than a help.

Start with a budget if you want realistic suggestions. Axe FX II runs $2,500. Eventide units can be anywhere between $1,000-5000. More affordable multi-fx can be found, I had a TC Electronic G-Major that I thought was nice, or a least until I found Strymon units.

My main set up is a few pedals on the floor into Triaxis with a Alesis Q2 in the effects loop, a Strymon Big Sky after the Triaxis. The Strymon goes into a one unit rack mixer. The mixer feeds a Mesa 50/50. Everything is wired with George L cables. All midi functions are controlled by a Behringer FB1010.

How much do you want to spend?

I use a Line 6 G90 Relay for my wireless and it's been flawless for the last 4-5 years.
Furman or Monster will be great for power conditioners.
For multi fx the G-System has a rack mount unit and the control board along with multiple loops that you can switch your amps with.

Whatever you end up getting remember to post pics. :D

Back