Help with simple rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chomii

Reaction score
Guys i need help with small rig for my Mesa Boogie Roadster. I am not sure what to put in loop and not ruin pure Mesa tone. My first option was TC Electronics G Major 2 or G System but i have read a lot of posts about unit freezing or coloring the tone or volume decreasing or some kind of buffer problems (G System) and all kinds of stuff. Second option is to buy couple of quality pedals like Strymon or Eventide (reverb,chorus,delay,phaser,tremolo,flanger) put them in the parallel with RJM Mini Line Mixer.
What would be the most transparent tone preserving option.

Either run in parallel like you suggested or . .

Run guitar to amp and then into a palmer and/or mike a dry cab. Run the palmer/mike signal to a rack with effects and send to wet cab(s). A wet/dry system will give you what you want. But will also give you more gear to haul if gigging. This is unless you use a palmer and run your dry and wet signals direct.

There are many ways to do this and the biggest limits are time and money. Like most things.

Is there any way of using one 4x12 cab for wet/dry rig? lets say 2 speakers wet and 2 speakers dry.

This the one problem with the Roadster: it sounds great with the FX Loop engaged but it sounds "life changing" with the FX Loop Hardwire Bypassed. :shock:

When I use FX I run an Eventide PitchFactor and TimeFactor through the loop. They are studio FX processors that you step on! There is no additional noise or tone loss with these pedals. My only suggestion is to make sure they are what you want, between Eventide and Strymon, Eventide is on the more extreme side of things. The reading material is heavier too. The PitchFactor manual is 52 pages!

Back