My first instrumental rock song + Mark IV test!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FretsOnFyre

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been knocking around on my Mark IV for two or three months, and I figured the time was ripe to record something! I've been working on this idea for about two months, and I finally recorded it last month and got it up! I'd appreciate any constructive feedback. If you like it, please support me by liking the video and subscribing!

http://youtu.be/a89yAPp7hzY

Rig was a Fender MIM HSS strat into a Mesa Mark IVA combo. Mic was a Sennheiser E835.

Thanks! :D

Thanks, it's really nice to receive positive feedback! Shameless plug here :oops: but I created a Facebook page for my music stuff. If you enjoyed the song, please check it out because I am working on more songs! :mrgreen: Would really appreciate any support.

Thanks!

nice job...
how have you done the backing track (drums and bass I mean)?

I recorded the bass with a Squier and Sansamp, the drums were done with a program called Rhythm Rascal.

Glad you enjoyed the song, I appreciate any support! :wink:

Great job , love that style .

You happen to have a HSS PU conf , what are these .

The pickups are stock, but I'm probably going to swap a Dimarzio Crunch Lab and Air Norton S for the bridge and neck in the next few months. I was only using the bridge pickup on this song though. Really glad you liked it, would appreciate support on Facebook or Soundcloud if you get a chance! :mrgreen:

FretsOnFyre said:
The pickups are stock, but I'm probably going to swap a Dimarzio Crunch Lab and Air Norton S for the bridge and neck in the next few months. I was only using the bridge pickup on this song though. Really glad you liked it, would appreciate support on Facebook or Soundcloud if you get a chance! :mrgreen:

Cool ,thanx for the comeback .

You have talent! Really like the melodic sense and guitar harmonies.

^Thanks! Obviously I don't know how you'd take to it, but my Mark IV has killed all amp GAS for what it's worth. I had the presence really high on this song, and my mic is kinda bright to begin with, so it sounds a bit fizzy, but I've redialed it and it sounds quite a bit better. I may have to just trade my mic for an SM57 because it sounds too bright and thin...

I've got a new tune up on SoundCloud, check it out if you get a chance!

https://soundcloud.com/thenocturnaldawn/crystal-lake

Back