So many new tonal possibilities...help me decide!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonicProvocateur

Reaction score
Ok, so tonight (just now!) I ran my Mark III in stereo with my Marshall Vintage modern. The chain looked like this:

SKB Stage 5 pedal board (mono->stereo split) -> Mark III -> 4x12 + 2x12
-> Marshall VM 2x12 combo + homemade 112 doubleported theile

So I have rediculous amounts of gain on tap, granted, but from cleanclean to setting the Mesa on R2 and letting the Marshall on low dynamic, it has so many tonal options. I've done plenty of stereo and w/d/w rigs with my big mosvalve, the Mesa and my Orange, but this rig takes the cake. For some reason, the Marshall is notably brighter than the Mark III (wierd!) but the gain structure on both is so amazing and keeping my overdrive pedal on and just channel switching back and forth on one amp or the other makes it sound like i'm playing multiple guitars - way rad.

So to those playing stereo rigs regularly, what are some key ingredients that will help this big rig along? Right now all I have is a (broken) carbon copy and a DD3 (both mono), so I suppose a stereo delay is in tall order, but what else?

Thanks for the help guys!

this:

pan-pedal.jpg

Latest posts

Back