Cheapest price you paid 4 gear

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conor rocks

Reaction score
:D hello everyone,
I am currently new to the boogie board and im posting this to ask all of you whats the cheapest amount of $ you paid for your mesa cab. I bought a rectifier slant cab with grey pipeing used for $400.00 Canadian. It seen better days but she roars anyways what deals did you guys get? & feel free to comment.
Cheers all. :mrgreen:

Heartbreaker Head. New, out the door for $800.00 US (tax included!) in 2001

:shock: Holy smokes :eek: $250.00, for what a 4x12, or 2x12, how did you pull that off? Btw american or canadian currency? :D

Nice deal man, mind if i ask you why is there the 4x12 cabnet that looks like a strait cab, but it has an angled baffle? I never understood why boogie did this.

80Eur for a MINT ADA MP-1 Classic....guy I bought it from said he couldn´t get any sound out of it....When I opend it up there were no tubes in ;-)

I bought a very used Les Paul Studio for $200. It was a great guitar! Ugly, but great!

The local GC had a "new" Rectifier head that wouldn't make sound for $200! I walked away from it, regretted it, called the next day and it was gone! I build and repair amps. I should've grabbed it!

I bought a M/B 4 space SUS-4 shock mount rack case from a guy, that lives in my neighborhood, for $10.

Just bought another 4X12 M/B cabinet from Guitar Center, last week.
They thought one of the speakers was blown or something. So, they marked down to $149.99.
It arrived today. Turns out it is a stereo cabinet. They must have hooked it up wrong? All the speakers work fine.

Traded a guy for a road ready M/B 4X12.
I gave the guy a Seymour Duncan SH-2n Jazz pickup ($60),
a Fender 5-way super switch ($15)
and a Lovepedal Kanji Eternity Overdrive pedal (free to me).
So, that makes $75 invested in that cab. I bought another one from Music-Go-Round, it cost me $580.

I got my MKIII for around 300 dollars from a pawn shop because someone had stolen the tubes and the Lead Gain knob was broken. I had spare tubes and a call to Mesa plus 15 dollars later the knob was fixed.

My Dual rectifier rack cost 400 dollars from the Plano Guitar Center because it wouldn't make a sound. A couple of resistors in the low voltage had decided to burn up. Fixed that and it sounds great.

I built myself a slo-clone for about 800 dollars, that seemed like a pretty good deal.

I forget how much I paid for my 2:90 but it was also very discounted from guitar center.

I got a Peavey Roadmaster from Guitar Center for fifty dollars because it kept blowing fuses. It is essentially a JCM800 clone at 160 watts. I removed two diodes that had shorted out and it works great.

The only new equipment I buy tends to be recording gear. Otherwise I tend to grab good deals when I find them.

colemaneuclid said:
Just picked up another recto slant cab for $250. No scratches or tears in the grill either. It was my luck day I guess.
:shock: :evil: :cry:

2005 less Paul standard. Massive flame no fret wear $750.!
Got a jcm 800 for $300.
Those days are gone.

Paid $1400 for a Mark IV version A but UPS cracked the wood cab and paid out $900. Net cost of a MK IV = $500! I was happy at $1400 but estatic at $500!! :D :D :D

I got a 2000TSL and a late 60,s"A" cab for $200 5 years ago from a kid in the local AdFinder,a little local paper.He told me it was "broken" and wanted $250.It had one blown out speaker.It had C-30,s and 90,s in it.When he showed it to me he had every knob on 10.Still got it,always will.Traded my gig weary Nomad45 for a 4-10 Blue Angel in mint cond.with a Gator ATA road case.I'm in love with this amp.

My Roadster 2x12 Combo was $850. The amp still has 2 years left on the warranty and is in mint condition. It was the best deal I have ever gotten on a piece of gear. For guitars, in a round about way I got a mint Ibanez RG2228GK for $900. With Ibanez prices the way they are at the moment I would say I got a pretty a pretty good deal! :)

I got my rectoberb with a flight case for $500. My 1st tube amp was a 5150 that I bought in town for 400, cheaper than my recto but the recto is a much better amp.

my other boogies i paid market value for and they were worth it, but this rectoverb is my favorite of the bunch and I spent the least on it.

My entire 4x10 bass rig, with Peavey (TSX?) 4x10 cab and a 300 Watt Behringer head, all for EXACTLY $126, because that was what I had in
my wallet, and the guy just didn't give a s--t. :lol: Everything in 100% working condition, and no damage.

Not high-end gear, but less money than a set of tubes for my Triple Rec. :mrgreen:

Back