Request.... Post IIC+ and Studio Preamp comparison clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spamds

Reaction score
Thats right, I'd love to hear the ACTUAL difference... With no mixes, just raw guitar clips... If somebody doesnt own studio preamp, I can post clip with Studio preamp -> SM57 -> straight into cone position, v30 speakers. So if you have IIC+ and cab with v30's and SM57 to mic it with, I'd love to hear your clip.. Just some tight metal clips (Easiest to notice the difference)

And maybe even post your settings for more accurate results?

I've got the same rig (Studio Pre+Simulclass) and I'm curious about the differences too :)

mystidream said:
Here's a pretty good Studio Preamp clip I found on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpCc7_0Cmuc

Yeah, well I've heard those clips long time a go.. they are recorded direct... so unless someone is willing to connect their iic+ directly, its not useful..

I had the quad and the 295 before i got a simul c+. i use the same marshall 1960 with vintage 30`s

The difference is very obvious, the c+ is brighter and more focused with better respons ,that is with moderat volume settings, but there is one very important thing you need to understand when comparing thise two.
The c+ turns into a beast as soon as you get the lead master above 3.5 and it gets better from there, the 295 just gets louder

cremona said:
I had the quad and the 295 before i got a simul c+. i use the same marshall 1960 with vintage 30`s

The difference is very obvious, the c+ is brighter and more focused with better respons ,that is with moderat volume settings, but there is one very important thing you need to understand when comparing thise two.
The c+ turns into a beast as soon as you get the lead master above 3.5 and it gets better from there, the 295 just gets louder

But the again, its just a matter of taste... thats why i'd like to hear actual sound clicks.

So, now that you mentioned, do you have your c+? I don't think that few raw sound clips would be too much to ask.. This would definitely help many other people out there who have been asking the same question. IMO there should be amp comparison thread where you could find comparisons of many kinds of amps.. ( recorded with same mic and speaker)

Spamds said:
cremona said:

But the again, its just a matter of taste... thats why i'd like to hear actual sound clicks.

So, now that you mentioned, do you have your c+? I don't think that few raw sound clips would be too much to ask.. This would definitely help many other people out there who have been asking the same question. IMO there should be amp comparison thread where you could find comparisons of many kinds of amps.. ( recorded with same mic and speaker)

yes i have one :wink:

But its in my apartment and running it at bedroom level will not be of eny use for a comparison, unless you intend to record at very low levels.

Also with what settings ?, a half step on each dial will give a different sound.

the only way to really know is by comparing them side by side.

My mac is down at the moment but i have a 57 and a apogee duet and can post a clip if you like when i get it running .

http://www.chain-metal.nl/mark3/?bg=0&d1=100&p1=1&d2=70&d3=15&d4=100&d5=100&d6=100&p6=1&d7=15&p7=1&p=10&g1=50&g2=15&g3=80&g4=15&g5=55&t=Use+w%2F+half+power+and+EL-34s

Come up with what ever settings you like, and I'll try those same settings and record clip.

Hmm, if you give me a few days, I can try to get a clip of my c+ -> traditional 4x12 (v30s) -> SM57 getup. No guarantees on playing prowess though. (I suck) Keep in mind, a lot of tone can vary from the cab design/mic placement too. I can do a few for you with different mic positions to show the difference. My favorite position is perpendicular to the grille cloth, pointed right at the intersection of the cone and center dust cap.

Now just to find a few spare minutes. :)

-dave

jaquetapus said:
Hmm, if you give me a few days, I can try to get a clip of my c+ -> traditional 4x12 (v30s) -> SM57 getup. No guarantees on playing prowess though. (I suck) Keep in mind, a lot of tone can vary from the cab design/mic placement too. I can do a few for you with different mic positions to show the difference. My favorite position is perpendicular to the grille cloth, pointed right at the intersection of the cone and center dust cap.

Now just to find a few spare minutes. :)

-dave

Yea, that'd be great! Thanks.

Latest posts

Back