POD XT EFx loop Trouble...?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sistine35

Reaction score
I have a Dual Rec 3 channel and im running my POD xt through the efx loop STRICTLY just for the effects.. im not using any amp moding whatsoever... but anyway... when i run through the loop i get a kind of flange.. hollow/distant sound out of my effects when i activate the FX loop...

if anyone knows of any ways to fix my prob.. please help!!! :cry: :shock:

also.. if anyone would give me their settings for the efx loop.. SEND... MIX.. and all that stuff that might help... also what sould me output level be on my pod and my wet signal in my pod.. (MIX)

Hi,

Hope this helps: I run a pod xt live through my recto's fx loop at these settings...

Recto
Send: 9:00
Mix: 8:00 (barely above min)...this is really the only way i've found to avoid the volume drop...anything higher than ...say 9:00 on this dial and there will be a noticable decrease in volume when you switch on the fx loop. Note: This only happens with my pod...with boss pedals, you can have this to whatever you want... *shrug*

Pod
Amps: bypassed
Output mode: Stack pwr amp
Channel volume: Noon (or whatever keeps the channel from clipping)
Output volume: 10:00 - 11:00 (will vary to taste...basicly, loud enough to hear the effects when engaged but not so loud that you start getting feedback.)
Mix level for effects - Max.

I get that wierd flange sound as well, but it only happens when I have the fx loop active without having any effects active. I just leave them on all the time and turn the loop on / off with the recto footswitch.

Its working but its still killing my tone.. im getting a really muffled.. kinda boomy sound.. not a sharp cutting tone that comes out when you play just straight out of the Rec...

DAHHHH!!! :cry:

geeeze... now even when i have the effecst loop off on the footswitch im still getting a wet signal through and still getting effects coming out of my amp... why wont this stop... my amp is set to footswitch on the effects loop too...

Dear god help me..

Here are my recto settings to help troubleshoot the muffled sound...

As for the wet signal being on all the time, make sure both knobs (assign and channel) on the back are set for "ft switch".

Switches on the back set to bold and tubes.

Channel 3, Modern

Presence: 1:00
Master: 10:00 - 11:00
Gain: 1:00

Base: 11:00
Mids: 12:00
Treb: 1:00

With this i get a pretty decent dream theater type sound...to my ears at least.

Hope that helps.

Wrake

Latest posts

Back