whats a guy to do?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sailorwinn

Reaction score
:shock: so im looking for a new amp, my best friends tell me boogie ,boogie ,boogie..i have been a marshall guy for so long i need divine intervention.i am so puzzled ,there are to many boogies to choose from. i know that i probly sound totally stupid but i am really tring to find (the amp)...i love the hi gain sound , where do i start?

I would also post this in the "modern era amps (1991-present)" where the amp action is.

That said, I don't know what your willing to spend, but a Road King is a jack of all trades amp. It's like a fender/marshall/recto and all points in between.

If you're coming from Marshall land, try the Stiletto. It eats Marshalls for breakfast. Still has that general Marshall flavor....except with Boogie aggression and balls if you will.

As ibanez sed I'd check out the stilletto, its an awesome amp for that modern, aggressive, british, el34 sound. You also might want to look into a lonestar that also has a good marshally tone, yet its more traditional with its gain structure but still a british hi gain sound. Its closer to a plexi's tone. you can get an idea of what the two amps can do if you listen to a few andy timmons tracks.

I wouldn't suggest a Lonestar. Its a vintage 6L6 type of amp. It's compared more to a fender. Although it does swap out with EL-34's, it still has that vintage vibe. High gain is not really its thang.

sailorwinn said:
:shock: so im looking for a new amp, my best friends tell me boogie ,boogie ,boogie..i have been a marshall guy for so long i need divine intervention.i am so puzzled ,there are to many boogies to choose from. i know that i probly sound totally stupid but i am really tring to find (the amp)...i love the hi gain sound , where do i start?

Try a JVM if you are hard core Marshall

For boogies, I think the Mark IV is the best, but you might also try getting a Triaxis Preamp and using your current Marshall as the poweramp.

Latest posts

Back