Dual Rectifier clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blinkie

Reaction score
http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0SJPVQNL5B46F2NXJK8DJ9FOOE

please tell me what you think about the tone.
it's over a queen backing track.

thanxs.

Check the settings here...

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=16YO3CNZXNG4920DTCWG1NC6K3

The amp was set in vintage mode, and the effects loops was off.
The sound coming from the cab was not tuned to sound good by itself, but tuned to sound good on the recording.

the setup was this:

Fender Telecaster > Dual Rect > marshall 1960AV > Shure Beta 57 > Mixer Table > Sound Blaster live > Sonar 4

Hope it helps.

OK I'm really digging that clip - didn't know you could get tone like that from a Recto. Usually all the clips are chugga chugga.

Is is a 100 watter or the Solo50?

Also head over to the settings database and add those settings.

MB Settings Database

LOl. yeah people think that rectos can only chunga chunga like you said.

The thing is, I used my telecaster with vintage seymour duncan pickups, they have weak distortion. And I calibrated the sound to sound good on the recording, not on the amp. The mic: beta 57 also cuted some gain to the sound becouse it was not really centered with the speaker.
But after recording that I went and played the setting on the amp, the first chords didnt sound too good, but then I played the song and the tone was there, it finished sounding good as well.

The amp needs tweaking. it was recorded in channel 2 vintage mode.
I think it can be versatile but depends on the player's hands. lolol.
Also an interesting fact is that 2 guitars will fill up the song way better then one, and if you pan them each left and right you can get a good sound as well, thats what I did. And It was recorded over a studio quality backing track that makes a huge difference to the global sound.

Any doubts dont hesitate in asking.
By the way, I'd like to hear other opinions as well.
Thanxs 4 the repplies.

Lovin' it a lot. Very nice!!!!! The recto is a very versatile amp, you just have to spend a lot of time and get to know it well. Settings are very touchy, but that's half the fun. 8)

Back