Short Studio22+ clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrmot

Reaction score
hello guys, here's a short clip of my Studio22+ with Ge-7 in loop.. Guitar is Gibson LP Studio..
NYE

Sounds nice! best short clip I ever heard. the sound of the amp is very nice. I had some studio's en calibers but never sounded like this!

How do you use the graphic eq? I guess you have a studio without the 5band onboard EQ

Nocki

Nocki said:
Sounds nice! best short clip I ever heard. the sound of the amp is very nice. I had some studio's en calibers but never sounded like this!

How do you use the graphic eq? I guess you have a studio without the 5band onboard EQ

Nocki
thanks man, i'm glad you like it! :wink: Yes, my studio doesn't have the onboard eq but i think that the GE-7 serves this purpose very good, i use the fabled slight v-shaped curve.. i normally like mids but this amp's got so many mids that i think that it needs to be cut down a little bit, at least that's what sounds good to me.. my amp has some really old tubes and i think it will sound a lot better with new ones.. anyway, thanks for listening!

Elpelotero said:
wish my recto sounded like that!!!!!!
well, i never played a recto but heard a lot of them (in person and on cds of course) and i really like how it sounds.. maybe you like this kind of sounds better, more like mark series i guess.. anyways, thanks for listening! :wink:

Very, very nice clip! I can't believe that is a studio 22. Great job!

j37nm said:
Very, very nice clip! I can't believe that is a studio 22. Great job!
thanks! :wink: Yes, studio22 is a great little amp.. i'm always amazed when i play with my band, the other guitarist has a 60w TSL 2*12 combo, but my mesa sounds sooooo much better in a band situation, cuts like a knife thru the mix

Very nice clip! Thanks! The sounds are very similar to my Studio Preamp through a 20/20 or 295 poweramp. (maybe this is not such a surprise). People sometimes forget that the Studio series (combos and preamps) have one of the best sounds ever (lead and clean)....Ofcourse this is strictly my opinion.... :wink: And these (pre) amps are relatively cheap, if you can find them on ebay.

Just curious... I heard three guitar parts. Are all of those parts the Studio 22+, and what is the GE-7 being used for?

Very nice indeed...

Chris... 8)

boogee said:
Very nice clip! Thanks! The sounds are very similar to my Studio Preamp through a 20/20 or 295 poweramp. (maybe this is not such a surprise). People sometimes forget that the Studio series (combos and preamps) have one of the best sounds ever (lead and clean)....Ofcourse this is strictly my opinion.... :wink: And these (pre) amps are relatively cheap, if you can find them on ebay.
Thank you! :wink: it's my opinion also that these studios have some of the best clean and lead sounds.. before buying it, i expected the lead channel to be good(and it is).. but the clean channel is what really surprised me, it's also absolutely awesome IMO

chedgeco said:
Just curious... I heard three guitar parts. Are all of those parts the Studio 22+, and what is the GE-7 being used for?

Very nice indeed...

Chris... 8)
thanks for listening!

I used it in the loop on clean, rhythm and solo. I used the same tone settings on both amp and ge-7 for rhythm and clean, i only raised the 800hz slider a bit for the solo

here's one interesting "revelation" at the end - this was miked with a 2.5$ "Genius" pc-microphone! :) :wink:

overture2005 said:
OMFG, sounds amazing~~~ that's the sound what I'm looking for!
Hope you can post a couple of. :lol:
thanks man, glad you like ti! 8)
I'll make some more clips of it in about a week, don't have time at the moment.. thanks fo checking it out! :wink:

nocluejimbo said:
Sounds huge for a tiny amp. Ah, the wonders of creative micing setups. Great playing, man.
thanks! :wink: Yeah, i think this amp sounds really "big", both in person and on clips.. but, what i was amazed with actually, is this:
mic01a.jpg

that's the mic i used on this clip. :lol: it costs 2.5$ :!:

Back