Finally got my rig wired up (Road King + rack)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
rigfront.jpg

The road case is from Affordable Cases, the Amp Gizmo is from RJM Music, and George L's cable is used for every single piece of signal cable. It's nice to be able to just drop this in place, hook it to the speaker cab, and plug my guitar into the wireless transmitter. The downside is the obnoxious weight of it all, but that was the trade off for knowing that all the switches and dials on the RK will stay right where I put them.

Many of you are probably already familiar with Affordable Cases, so I'm not going to go into a lot of detail, unless someone asks. Suffice to say it is rock solid and overbuilt all around. The Amp Gizmo has only been around since last August, so I kind of made a purchase based on hope with it. I couldn't be happier with the construction, ease of use, and workability of this unit. I had to wire up my own cables (stereo 1/4" to two mono 1/4", four in all for every footswitchable functioin), but it has been a set it and forget it type of unit. You use your MIDI floorboard to choose the patch you want, then just turn on/off all the buttons on the front, hold save for a few seconds, and it's done.

rigback.jpg

This is an older photo, before I ran the lines for the amp switcher. I'll try to get a better pic in the next couple of days. For a floorboard, I'm currently using the Behringer FCB1010.

The Road King deserves something more transparent than the G-Major. G-Force, Eventide Eclipse, etc. Rest of the rig looks great.

Noodles, i would love to hear about how well the case is built, im looking to buy a dual head +8 rackspace ATA case like yours, for touring. I will have a mk4 medium head, and a single recto head, so obviously the dual recto will fit the single (in the options for build) But does he offer a size that will fit the MkIV? Im thinking the DC head might be the same size.

Also, the option i dont yet understand it the thickness of the center piece? is he asking how deep you want your rackspaces? or how deep the entire piece will be?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Matt

Howitzer said:
Noodles, i would love to hear about how well the case is built, im looking to buy a dual head +8 rackspace ATA case like yours, for touring. I will have a mk4 medium head, and a single recto head, so obviously the dual recto will fit the single (in the options for build) But does he offer a size that will fit the MkIV? Im thinking the DC head might be the same size.

Also, the option i dont yet understand it the thickness of the center piece? is he asking how deep you want your rackspaces? or how deep the entire piece will be?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Matt

Good luck moving it up or down stairs. Even with a roadie.

maybe it uses a transport system like kirk´s star trek :lol:
It seems to be a so great equipment, enjoy it...
A personal opinion: sell your g major because it is a serial tone sucking, get a g force an intellifex...

nocluejimbo said:

How would you reccomend having 2 amps run parrelell, in an easily transportable mannerism, without an hour setup time?

(in so far my answer is the best i can figure for that question)

Howitzer said:
nocluejimbo said:

How would you reccomend having 2 amps run parrelell, in an easily transportable mannerism, without an hour setup time?

(in so far my answer is the best i can figure for that question)

I don't have any other solution than finding one amp that does all you need. I'd rather invest in one Road King or Mark IV than try to haul around two heads. Maybe you could alternate a preamp with one of your head's preamps, instead of hauling two self-sustaining systems?

If you are set on two heads, that is the only real way to do it.

Good god, my spelling was deplorable in that last post, please excuse it.

Ive come to the conclusion of having this setup for a couple of reasons, so maybe this explanation will help.

the 2 amps are a recto, and a mkIV. Firstly, I enjoy the sizzle and the massive low end of the recto, but i dont feel the gain is focused enough, and niether is the bass. My goal is to use both amps parralell in order to achieve that sound. (obviously the MarkIV is a better sounding amp, and will be more prevalent in my sound.)

Secondly, in my band i have short setup times, i dont have a lot of time to figure out what went wrong. In a road case, i can leave everything setup, except the powerconditioners cord, and the 2 or 4 output cables to my cabinets.

Thirdly; Ive had too many problems with amps in the past, i would rather have the comfort of just being able to turn one of the amps off during a show if it is having problems, and still having the other amp running off the same signal, and insofar i could finish the show with that amp.

Yes, i know this thing will be heavy as hell. Hopefully it wont be too bulky, but we will see. As far as I can figure this is the best way to get my rig to and from shows, without messing the heads up, without having an hour setup time, with the tonal flexibility of the two heads, and finally with the security in the event of a malfunction.

Again, any recomendations would be great. Also, thanks a lot.

Cheers
Matt

Back