New Clip!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez4life SZ!

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Had a lazy night at home, so I decided to give the new monitors a run with my recording setup.

Clip can be found here...it's short, and all one take...I did the drums, bass, and guitar.....

Let me know what you think!

http://thatguitarkid.dmusic.com/

Again, this was just for fun, and out of boredom ;)

Kick *** man...

That rythm rocks!

Nice lead also but for some reason the tone doesnt mix well with the rythm track. Might just be me but something sounds off.

Overall awesome job man !! Would like to hear more...

I didn't mess much with the lead....I'm primarily a rythmn player, and didn't like the lead lick very much, so I just left it....

Thanks for the comments though! The rythmn is definitely my favorite aswell :wink:

^See...there lies my problem....I need to delve into keys much more than I have....is there a good place to start?

ibanez4life SZ! said:
^See...there lies my problem....I need to delve into keys much more than I have....is there a good place to start?

The riff was good, but the lead guitar was terrible...

Good place to start? Start by learning scales. Then practice by playing over chord progressions.

Learn the scale of D major, then play over something like D, A, D

i'm pretty sure you can play a minor scale over a major chord progression, but not vice versa...i'm not a guru by any means though, so i may be wrong.

Elpelotero said:
i'm pretty sure you can play a minor scale over a major chord progression, but not vice versa...i'm not a guru by any means though, so i may be wrong.
Only if you're tasteful. If you're not, when you hit the minor 3rd and 6th you'll be raising hell (in a bad way).

~trem

Dig that rhythm man, the lead needs some work as others have said but I like the tone you captured out of the mark, good job!

Also dig the rhythm as well. Then lead needs work but this is how you start. My suggestion would be to learn the root notes of each scale of the key your playing in as well as the notes that make up each chord. Also phrasing is very important .What was the milestone for me was playing rhythm guitar in a band with an already seasoned lead guitarist, I learned tons from this. Keep it up brother it'll come to you and remember the more you practice on your theory the more you'll have to say with your instrument.

Back