Hetfield's 1993 C+ settings and rig pix

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4nkam

Reaction score
James:
jamesChead.jpg

james1993rackleft.jpg
james1993rackright.jpg

james1993board.jpg

Kirk:
kirkrack1993.jpg

nice find bro. I too am curious as to where you found these but anyway I give you props.

edit: duh montyjay's pics. but how does HE find them??

i thought it was big when we got flemming rasmussen to disclose the puppets and justice files, but you go above and beyond. Do you know his roadies or something? the black album was the ONE tone i had always really loved. It's thicker than Master IMO.

monty, do you have a larger pic of that Mark IV? I would love to know his lead channel settings on that amp.

Or can someone read the settings?

The EQ is easy to see(except the two lower sliders, but you can guess those i think).

Well....I know some of the road crew get annoyed with me, haha.

Nope, that's the largest that I have of the Mark IV and really the actual photo is much smaller. I've been trying to find a good shot of that one but haven't found anything yet.

Oh awesome I didn't know you were Monty. Keep up the great work :)

I tried that EQ and IMO it didn't sound too bad. It gave me quite a good Metallica sound I guess and if you fiddle around even more you might come really close. But in the end I went back to my old awesome sound. :p

guitarmaster said:
I suppose this sticker is about 1977 TV movie "Roots", this is similar :

RootsMiniSeriesABC1977.gif

1st of all... Wow how did you find a match to that pic so quick?? amazing!

2nd.. still curious as to why he has that. Any chance your familiar with it from an article or something?

I vaguely recall this was asked years ago (back when he was using that rig) and said something about it serving as a reminder of cruelty that was and still can be in the world while always changing over time.

It definitely was more of a reminder type of thing for him and not anything negative regarding his own thoughts/beliefs.

I find the settings on his IIC+ to be pretty sharp sounding when I dail my markIII in like that. But it pretty much sounds like it should. I think it sounds better if you lower the 2200 slider and put in some more of the 750 one.

pmb said:
I find the settings on his IIC+ to be pretty sharp sounding when I dail my markIII in like that. But it pretty much sounds like it should. I think it sounds better if you lower the 2200 slider and put in some more of the 750 one.

Well, you never know what they added in the studio after the recording process, or when he used it live, what the mix and eq'ing were. So your result may have been what he ended up with after dialing everything else in across the board, I just wish I had a Mark series to try these settings out on haha.....one day :twisted:

-AJH

pmb said:

They also ran an additional parametric EQ in the loop.

Latest posts

Back