Amp/Effects switching system

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
I'm beefing up my rig before my band heads out on tour in December, and I'm playing with a few different ideas. One is to go all out and buy either a Bogner Ecstasy or Ubershall, while my other idea is to keep my Mark IV and maybe add a Recto. I really like the chug and muscle of the rectifiers (I had a Dual Recto for years) but the cleans flat out suck and it's next to impossible to get a good lead sound out of them. However, my Mark IV has amazing cleans and a really smooth, warm lead tone...but doesn't have the insane low end muscle at high volumes that I'm looking for in the rhythm tone department. So my thought is, why not buy a switching system so I can use my Mark IV for my cleans and lead tones, and use a Dual Rectifier for my rhythm sounds. I wouldn't want to dish out the cash for a Bradshaw switching system...but I don't want to use a simple A/B box either. Is there a decently priced MIDI operated system that would allow me to have my heads hooked up to a switching system so that via a floorboard I could change the channels of the amps, switch the amps, and have presets of the configurations that I'd want? Even though I’m a gear nut, I don't know dick about any of this type of stuff, so any help would be really appreciated.

Axess Electronics and Sound Sculpture make the devices you want. I use them both, and they work great.

The Axess CFX4 is a midi switcher for amp functions. I use with a Nomad 100.

The Sound Sculpture ABCadabra is the midi A/B box.

If you want to use two heads with one cab, Axess has a product for that to. Two cabs with one head, Sound Sculpture's PowerSwap does it (it's hard to find on their web site, but still available).

http://www.axess-electronics.com/
http://www.soundsculpture.com/

Back