New tunes recorded with Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oyster

Reaction score
Admittedly these are pretty rough...especially the bass and drums... :oops:

I recorded these using a 2005 LP Standard with stock pups, and my Roadster (I think I had 4xEL34s in it at the time, or maybe 2xEL34s + 2x6L6s) through a mesa 2x12 into an SM57 and recorded on Cubase.

Check out the tunes. Feedback would be welcome on the guitar tone and especially if you can nail my influences that would be cool too.

www.myspace.com/thenewdownsouthproject

jimi hendrix...after 10 seconds of listening to the milky way...am I right?

definitely page in some other songs

I am too old for CH4!!! :lol:
Thanks for comments.
Yeah Jimi I guess I didn't think about it at the time though...thats why it is cool to have people give their impressions about influences.
I will take it as a compliment though :wink:

oyster, your never to old for ch4! especially with Zeppelin and RATM as an influence! Play some Zeppelin stuff on channel 4 (Bring it on Home comes to mind) you'll fall in love with that Roadster all over again.

Did I hear some Clutch in there? If you've never checked em out check out Jam room. If your "too old" for ch4 this is the Clutch album for you.

Nice tunes.

Sorry for the redundant topic guys, I posted this originally in Modern Amps and then in Rigs and Tones...then the original post got moved to Rigs and Tones and thus duplicated. I got rid of the other one and here are the posts from it if you are interested...

18&Life
Mark II

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:18 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't got it, you have a roadster to make weak overdrive tones ???
Well
I don't have nothing good to say about your tones and music, they're all against MY tastes.
Luck with the other members

reo73
Mark I

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:06 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18&Life wrote:
I don't got it, you have a roadster to make weak overdrive tones ???
Well
I don't have nothing good to say about your tones and music, they're all against MY tastes.
Luck with the other members

18&Life, Can I hear some of your clips? They must be great the way you talk down to other members.

Oyster...I like the rhythm track, it has a nice organic mild OD to them but the lead track is a bit muffled. Maybe mic placement would do the trick?

18&Life
Mark II

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:36 pm Post subject:

reo73 wrote:

18&Life, Can I hear some of your clips? They must be great the way you talk down to other members.

I never said I have better clips than anyone.
He asked what we think about HIS clips. I just answered.
Should I lie and tell him that I love it ?
But I really don't.
I like guitar's tones very distorted or super clean.His tones are exactly the way I hate.
So if you liked,tell him .

18&Life
Mark II

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:38 pm Post subject:

Even if my clips were horrible it doesn't matter cause this thread is all about HIS clips.
I think he is looking for honesty .

Spirithunter
Mark I

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:46 pm Post subject:

Hi oyster,

I dig your tunes. I like "a moment suspended" the best.I think the guitars are just a little muffed sounding. Like a blanket covering the speaker but over all nice work. Enjoyed listening.

reo73
Mark I

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:10 pm Post subject:

18&Life wrote:
reo73 wrote:

I never said I have better clips than anyone.
He asked what we think about HIS clips. I just answered.
Should I lie and tell him that I love it ?

No, you should learn to be critical in a constructive way and stop bashing clips because they don't meet your personal preference of music. Encourage people instead of annoying them and learn some tact.

18&Life
Mark II

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:23 pm Post subject:

reo73 wrote:
No, you should learn to be critical in a constructive way and stop bashing clips because they don't meet your personal preference of music. Encourage people instead of annoying them and learn some tact.

But if I don't use MY personal preference , should I use personal preference of whom ?????
Nonsense
When you did your clips you used your own preferences or did you use somebody's preference to do it??
Nonsense.
If you can't deal with somebody who doesn't like your work,dude grow up.
Every one of us will receive good and bad reviews.
I already had mine and didn't react like you,I simply said thanks to the guy and move on.
If you want only good reviews ,study 8 hours a day,steel some inspiration from VAI and be perfect ???
And yes I said why I didn't like it,because this is not the type of distortion I like and not my type of music.
I didn't simply say I DON"T LIKE !
Whatever
If you don't agree with my answer simply forget it.
This thread won't modify your life neither mine

BTW I don't mind hearing about someone who disagrees with my tone or material, 18&Life.

Yes 18&Life, I also sometimes think the Roadster may not be the best amp for me...since I often tend to gravitate to wanting a really beautiful good solid crunch or mildly overdriven sound. I am looking at picking up a Mark IV instead (or in addition if I can sell the idea to my wife!)...could this be a better fit for me? My impression is it can generate the types of overdriven tones I like (RHY2 especially), as well as heavily overdriven when I want it --- anyone comments?

Spirithunter, thanks for the compliment. Yes I agree on that track the guitars are muffled (maybe on some other tracks too). Actually I think it is because I usually play with lots of mids and reduced highs I think I reduced the highs to the point that I lost articulation in the tone in many cases. This is true of my leads too. Good feedback, I will have to adjust this in future. Mic placement I think was OK, straight into the cone.

Clutch71, I agree! I will definitely check out Clutch. 8)

If I was rude to you I apologyse but I really like to be honest and do expect to be treated this way too.
I think mark4 will fit perfect to your style.
Let's talk to your wife and make a deal,you'll give more time to her and she'll accept the new amp :wink: :wink:

Cool stuff oyster, shows off the diversity of the amp's tones.. everyone knows what a rectifier sounds like already but I'm plesantly surprised at the tones you got from the roadster! keep em comin

Man I'd be careful about your "influences"
Your songs sound like different variations of rhcp songs.
That's not very cool IMO.
A moment suspended is ridiculously blatant copy of a rhcp song.
Be more original.

I actually like the tone.

Don't listen to 18life he's a retard. He steals clips from other people and presents as his own. He doesn't get to comment on anyone's clips. Ignore him.

Latest posts

Back