Stiletto Clips are here

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctoddrun

Reaction score
I bought the Stiletto Deuce a while back (it was an impulse buy - the first one the Houston Guitar Center had delivered). I've used the "Factory Sample Settings" to dial in several different sounds to give everyone an idea about what this amp can do.

Mind you, this is straight amp. No effects. Just guitar, cable, amp.

I had a friend of mine play the clips. He is a great guitarist, the kind who can play the songs from 20 years ago, just by remembering the way they go... He is much more into the Robert Johnson style of blues/ragtime than anything metal, but as you will see, his rock chops are quite impressive. His name is Aaron Loesch and he deserves all the credit for the clips you are going to hear.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/VirtualStudios/Listen/usersong.php?userid=152371

I have a few more clips, but the site wont let me post any more, since I've exceeded 10 megs.

The guitars used were an Anderson Hollow Drop Top, Anderson Classic, and Hamer Artist Custom. The clips were recorded into a Boss digital recorder, dry. I had to use an SM58 as no 57's were available.

If you are so inclined, you can visit the Mesa Boogie website, download the PDF file of the Stiletto manual and see all of the settings used to get the tones you'll hear. I've named each clip exactly the way they've named them in the manual and the settings are, well, exactly as they are in the manual.

You guys can judge for yourself what the amp sounds like. I am quite impressed by its versatility. So many great sounds. I'm not sure the tape captured the actual sound of the room.

The following gives you the clip name and the guitar used (in no particular order):

Spankin Clean: Hamer, Both Pickups
Detuned Rhythm: Anderson Classic, Bridge Pickup
Burning Solo: Anderson Drop Top, Bridge Pickup
Blues Breakin A: Hamer, Open E Tuning
Blues Breakin B: Hamer, Open E Tuning
Skinny Clean: Anderson Drop Top, Bridge Pickup
Grinding Tight Crunch Clean: Anderson Drop Top, Bridge Pickup
Big Clean: Hamer, Open E Tuning
Bigger Lead: Hamer, Standard Tuning
Brown Crunch: Anderson Drop Top, Bridge
Brit Crunch: Hamer, Standard Tuning
Flat Out A: Hamer, Standard Tuning
Flat Out B: Hamer, Standard Tuning

I have three more clips I was unable to post due to size limits.

Enjoy!

Edited to add that in hindsight, I think the clips would have been MUCH better through the Rect 4x12 I use now, compared to the 2x12.

Oh well. Still enjoyable.

Those clips sound great to me. I could buy one of those. I tried the Deuce myself a few months back, and it was terrific. Thanks for posting.

Yeah thanks for posting they sounded awesome, pass on my thanks to your guitarists, they were defently worth my time listing.

Michael

oh my god, such a versatile amp it is ! great tones :D

oh btw, I'm new here, just want to say hi to everyone :eek:

My compliments , you have shown all the sounds of this amp, thanks a lot . They sound great !!!!

Back