New Clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
Well, the band that I went on a mini-tour with and won the Tri-State battle of the bands with fell apart. I guess the guys were just all really burnt out playing with each other and threw in the towel. I was originally going to go with the bassist and drummer...but after jamming with the singer and collaborating on some stuff...it's sounding just way too @#%$ sick to pass up. Some of the songs we're coming up with are just absurd.

The only thing recorded so far is a song that he did back in '92 with his old band. I cut out most of the guitars and then redid them myself and then added a solo. *this is not what we sound like now* but you can see that the guy can sing his *** off. This clip is pretty 80's metal, but now he's mellowed out a lot and actually reminds me a lot of Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge.

This is the clip that I sent him, so I left the guitars a little loud so he could hear the changes I did to the song. There are some little mini solos that the original guy did that bled through...but you'll definitely be able to tell when my solo kicks in.

Let me know what you think

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000176490_000030311.mp3

Well, you know how I feel about your playing.. I though it fit the song well, and was certainly in the vein of '80s metal. Loved the tone for sure...
I would suggest doing a change-up on the song though, so it doesn't seem so "spandexy".. As an old snapperhead myself, I liked it, but know how hard it would be to sell it now. Not to discourage, but don't base your new venture on something the singer did in '92. He can certainly sing his *** off though.
ax. :twisted:

Your tones are good, dude. You should play what makes you happy, not what sells. This music seems to be coming back in demand, or maybe it just went underground with the record companies for awhile. Brittany and Christina will be doing it soon enough!

yep, the tone was very good. i just thought that a previous clip you posted was much better. more considered playing. as for this type of music coming back into demand .... dream on. it has always had its afficionados, ever since the early seventies, but to say that it is becoming mainstream is wishful thinking [or not, as the case may be]

haha, maybe a couple of things were over looked

The only thing recorded so far is a song that he did back in '92 with his old band

I cut out most of the guitars and then redid them myself and then added a solo

*this is not what we sound like now*

the stuff we write is more modern rock/modern metal with a very melodic side. since we haven't hit the studio yet, i thought it would be fun to work on something of his that already had drums on it. so i just cut out the original guitars and put my own in.

Latest posts

Back