M6 Carbine Spark

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebarriosmusic

Reaction score
I got a sweet new Conklin GTBD-7 today and was messing with it on the M6 Carbine trying to nail some sick tones (which it was sounding extremely gnarly).

The signal volume momentarily dipped while I was messing with the bass’ knobs trying to get a cool tone. This volume dip lasted about five seconds before returning to normal. About 5-8 seconds later I heard the dip again but more drastic, looked over at the amp and saw a large spark come out from the back towards the right-hand side of the chassis just as a burning plastic odor protruded the area. I immediately switched on the tuner mute, and then turned the amp off about ten seconds later.

So, I'm very scared, and don't know what to do or where to start. Help? :oops:

Spoke with Mesa Boogie customer service (first guy asked me some basic questions and transferred me to Rick). Both were very helpful people, answered all my questions and were polite and patient. I will be shipping it to them promptly for warranty repair :)

Thank you.

Back