Boogie Bass amp for guitar?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glazed67

Reaction score
Hey All, New guy here, I was wondering if any of ya'll use a Boogie Bass Amp/Head to play guitar through? As so many blues players used to use those old fender bassman and marshall's to play through. Thanks for your time and consideration.

glazed67 said:
Hey All, New guy here, I was wondering if any of ya'll use a Boogie Bass Amp/Head to play guitar through? As so many blues players used to use those old fender bassman and marshall's to play through. Thanks for your time and consideration.
I use a D180 with my baritone (going down to F) and it sounds great. Normally I use a distortion pedal, but I've recorded a couple of times running straight into the amp (neck pickup, "guitar" input, both preamp volumes cranked, master set to whatever's appropriate). It's a pretty noisy, gnarly distortion but sometimes that's just the thing.

On the other hand, when I've tried using that same setup for normal guitar I don't like it.

Latest posts

Back