casing for my new 400+??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcbuk

Reaction score
I've just bought a new mesa boogie 400+ bass amp - which is amazing, I've got a 4 u skb rack case which it fits quite snuggly but maybe a bit to snuggly? There's plenty of room at the rear but not much at the sides or on top at the rear, I put it in the case and left it on for few hours and the side furthest away from the fan got a little hot - is that something that'll happen anyway? Any advice much appreciated, cheers!

My brother plays through an older 400+ which came in its own rack case. It seems to me that there is quite a bit of room above and below the amp when mounted in the case...I'm assuming this was done purposely! Perhaps a size larger would be better for your amp?

My 400+ currently lives in a 6u shockmount flightcase which is bloody heavy. Like me, as you are a UK resident check out Maplin, no I'm serious. they do a very nice looking 4U carpet covered "rack" which would make a very nice sleeve for your 400+, I'm thinking of taking my head out of the flightcase and putting it in one. The link is....... http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=30612&doy=23m8

At £35 they are worth a risk I reckon. It would need a more solid handle I think for regular gigging, but apart from that it looks great, Ive actually seen and held one.
And the carpeted cover would go very nicely with my Basson cab too !!

Stewart

bassbluestew said:
My 400+ currently lives in a 6u shockmount flightcase which is bloody heavy. Like me, as you are a UK resident check out Maplin, no I'm serious. they do a very nice looking 4U carpet covered "rack" which would make a very nice sleeve for your 400+, I'm thinking of taking my head out of the flightcase and putting it in one. The link is....... http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=30612&doy=23m8

At £35 they are worth a risk I reckon. It would need a more solid handle I think for regular gigging, but apart from that it looks great, Ive actually seen and held one.
And the carpeted cover would go very nicely with my Basson cab too !!

Stewart

Cheers for that, the maplin flight case looks good, I'd go for it but i reckon it wouldn't be too long before it ended up resembling a pub floor, maybe better when I'm playing less grimy venues, my main concern was whether a 4u was high enough and having done a few gigs with it in a 4u skb it seems to be ok but its good to hear someone else is thinking along the same lines - so thanks for your reply!

before i bought my rackcase for my 400+, i posted over on talkbass.com about it. some there had concerns about 4 space skb because of the tight fit and if the head could get enough air.

some had drilled holes in the side where the fan was with good results.

i ended up with a 6space shockmount case. sturdy as hell, steel casing, steel springs, and it's STILL heavy!

i've got mine out of it now, as i'm not gigging as much. if the gigs ever picks back up, it will go back in.

my baby cost too much to let harm come to it

Latest posts

Back