Walkabout Scout 1x12 Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbsens03

Reaction score
is it loud enough for shows and live drums? I would assume so since it's 300w and my tube amp is only 100w and mine is totally loud enough, but I play guitar. So I'm unsure if there is a difference. Forgive my ignorance. Thanks!

As my own general rule, you need 3X bass power to sound as loud as a guitar amp. That said, are you playing small or large venues? Are you going to D.I. into a P.A.? With one speaker in a large place I would be afraid the thing would not fill the room without pushing it through a P.A. You may want to elevate it if your bassist is standing near the amp, otherwise the sound will simply blow by the ankles and be hard for oneself to hear what is being played. - Pat.

would an amp stand help?

for starters it would be for practice's.

eventually it would be gigs with mic'd amps.

would it work for that? I like the tone's I've heard from it. Or would I be better off just getting an M6 + Powerhouse cab?

I have used it and also like the little *******. An ampstand would help. I don't know what effect an ampstand would have on the "radiator" on the bottom of the cab. It has an adjustable, balanced/XLR D.I. output already, so mic'ing it is not needed.

- Pat

We had one with the 15 and it couldnt handle getting over our drummer let alone the guitars.....traded up to a m pulse 600 and a 8x10 cab, that did the trick :lol:

Arioch said:
We had one with the 15 and it couldnt handle getting over our drummer let alone the guitars.....traded up to a m pulse 600 and a 8x10 cab, that did the trick :lol:

Well...you guys must play at insanely high volume levels as well as your drummer must beat the living sh!t out of his drums. :twisted:

Our bass player uses a Walkabout with a Carvin NEO 2x10 live - no d.i. and sometimes has to be told to turn down.

I guess it just depends on your stage mix v.s. "opening up the amps."

- Pat

I want to say press release is the best medium for promoting a new business or any news or products launched by a company or firm.It is a great medium of getting the traffic on a website.If i forget some points about press release please share your views.

Latest posts

Back