Good Trade??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndySmith

Reaction score
I currently play in a rising "pop-punk" band - I currently have a Mark III No Stripe Combo - the thing is loud as hell but I still need to get a cab so the sound isn't so direct. I found a halfstack on Craigslist - Stiletto Duece with a 4x12 Cab and he wants 1500 for both. I think it's a good idea to buy it - what do you guys think? How much could I get for my Mk III Combo? I have both vintage footpedals and the fan is built in the back.

Stiletto Deuce does a great punk tone. $1500 is a good price but not necessarily a 'deal'. As I understand it, stiletto heads are going for $1000 these days so it would be $500 for the cab. Just be sure you try the amp first. You'll get much more of a 'marshall' kind of tone than you do with a Mark series amp. The Mark does more NOFX while with a Stiletto you'll get more of a No Use For a Name / Greenday / MxPx kind of tone.

I agree with YellowJacket. But Ill add I think its a fair price but not a good deal. Touch on the high side for me. If you have the time to be patient you will certianly find a better deal. I see Stilettos go for 800 and lower all the time. And cabs for 350-400 all the time. Just shop around.

The stiletto is awesome for punk. I play in a punk trio. I ran a trident for a while. Now I run either my 5150 (also killer for punk in the crunch ch) or my tverb. The guys in my band still ***** about me getting rid of my stiletto

Also, is it a Duece I or II? The II's seem to fetch a bit more $$. But not much more.

Offer him 1250 for the half stack. If you look around you could probably find something around 1000-1100

Good luck

I offered him 1200 and he accepted that

Also I live in Central New York, it's hard to find Mesa Amps here

Back