Mesa carbine 900 sound advice

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazbot83

Reaction score
Hey guys im new to the board so go easy on me lol

Ive recently picked up a mesa rig ....carbine 900 and 4x12 mesa cab

im having issues finding a nice heavy sound,im after a sound like sick of it all
something not to punchy with a lot of balls.

I play a ernie ball stingray 3eq and im tuned to bf*be,
i need setting ideas,need a big filling sound with less attack on with the active pick up,
the stingray sometimes gets to much treble cutting through,and instead of turning down on my bass id rather work with the head.

This is my first big setup and i need ur help guys
im not a tech head,and i know with mesa gear it can take time to learn
but hey im sure u can help a guy get a head start.

First off Congrats on the new gear. Second do not be afraid of the turning the tone controls on your instrument. Those controls are there for a reason, too use them. You may think that having the bass wide open is going to give you the best tone from it, but I am 100% positive you will find out different once you turn them. It is the blend of each pickup and tone adjustment that is going to give you your best sound. I would start off the Amp in a flat setup and adjust tone dials as needed. from there I would only make small adjustments with the graphic EQ if needed. Don't forget you have tweeter control adjustments on the back of your cab as well. You may find that dialing out a little of the tweeter might be just what you needed. Hope some of this helped.

Good luck on your tone quest.

ooopps double post

First off Congrats on the new gear. Second do not be afraid of the turning the tone controls on your instrument. Those controls are there for a reason, too use them. You may think that having the bass wide open is going to give you the best tone from it, but I am 100% positive you will find out different once you turn them. It is the blend of each pickup and tone adjustment that is going to give you your best sound. I would start off the Amp in a flat setup and adjust tone dials as needed. from there I would only make small adjustments with the graphic EQ if needed. Don't forget you have tweeter control adjustments on the back of your cab as well. You may find that dialing out a little of the tweeter might be just what you needed. Hope some of this helped.

Good luck on your tone quest.

Latest posts

Back