400+ Pre-amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Areola

Reaction score
Hey y'all..

What I'm trying to do, is figure out how to get the preamp of the 400+ into the power amp of my Road King. Naturally, I was going to put it in my FX Loop, but when I called the Mesa distributor in Australia, they said that I couldn't do that, because I would still need a speaker load for the 400+ I want the R.K. power amp to power all the speaker cabinets that I plan to run.

How do I get around that?

Also if I just A-B the two amps will it be possible to run my Rectifier Standard guitar amp in stereo, then take the output of that, and run it into a 400watt - 4 ohm cab?

when I called the Mesa distributor in Australia, they said that I couldn't do that
typical Australian attitude...if its not traditional it won't work (btw I'm an Aussie)... I don't know whether you have a manual with the 400+, but I just tried it out on mine and it seemed to work ok (well I ran it into my Line 6 Toneport, but same-dif).

According to the manual:
"If you wish to use
only the preamp section of your Bass 400, you can use the Effects Send jack as a preamp
output; be sure to set the Effects Blend at 10 and the Master to 0. This will prevent signal
from driving the power section, so running the amp without a speaker or load resistor will
be OK."

Mesa staff need to know what the fudge they are selling.

Back