gettin the speaker mount screws OUT of a rectifier cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konstantine RK

Reaction score
How can you get the speaker mount screws out of the 2x12 rect horizontal cab? the grille cloth does not leave too much room to manuever. Do you have to take out the grill cloth? I want to put some off brand speakers in there and Im ok as a handy musician but I dont want to rip my grille cloth!

Well you dont need to remove your grille cloth, because you remove the speakers from the back. On the screws that are mounting the speaker is a bolt, find the right size piece and put it on the bolt and turn until its loose enough to twist off.
Then you can take out your speaker. Be careful when you put in new speakers not to tighten the bolt to tight as it will dent the metal of the speaker and make vibration sounds within the cab.
:D

ok what i failed to mention is that I want to install non Mesa/Celestion speakers in the cab and the mounting screws that are there ... are not long enough to fasten a nut behind the speaker itself.

Oh I see what you mean.
Inside the cab there are screws in each corner that are attaching the grille to the cab. Theres also some in between the speakers aswell. When i tried taking out my speakers first i thought you had to remove them from the front so thats how i know, and i tried to remove the screws from the front and stripped one. The screws are VERY soft, i dont think they are meant to come out, but when you do, go slow because once those are stripped your screwed (pun not intended) :lol:

Latest posts

Back