Has anyone tried Scumback speakers?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricTurkey4369

Reaction score
Im probably going to order an Avatar cab soon but I'm not sure if I should just go with the standard V30's or G12T75's or buy an unloaded cab and order Scumbacks, mabye the H75's. They're pretty expensive too. For anyone who has these speakers, are they worth it?

Try the "Search" option...lots of posts regarding the Scumbacks....also search TheGearPage forum

Oh yeah! The Scumbacks are worth it. I put some in one my 2 x 12 Recto cabs last February and I love them. They sounded great right out of the box and as they break in they just keep getting better.
I kept a pair of V30s in my other 2 x 12 Recto cab and when I A/B the two cabinets with my Stiletto I am amazed how harsh the V30s sound next to the Scumbacks.
I will eventually sell off all of my V30s and get another pair of Scumbacks.
I am not a V30 hater by any stretch but with the Stiletto it's no contest for me.

If you go to the "Rig Talk" forum and scroll down half way to the Manufacturers Forums section you can look at Jim Seavall's Scumback speaker section and read up too.

Yeah if you are into the low watt oldschool celestion sound, scumbacks are the best period

My $0.02.
Email Dave from Avatar Speakers and ask for his price list. Celestion offers the G12m Heritage which is a VERY similar speaker to the Scumback. The difference is that the G12m Heritage sounds like the original greenbacks would have new whereas the Scumbacks sound like well played original greenbacks.

Riff Blister said:
Oh yeah! The Scumbacks are worth it. I put some in one my 2 x 12 Recto cabs last February and I love them. They sounded great right out of the box and as they break in they just keep getting better.
I kept a pair of V30s in my other 2 x 12 Recto cab and when I A/B the two cabinets with my Stiletto I am amazed how harsh the V30s sound next to the Scumbacks.
I will eventually sell off all of my V30s and get another pair of Scumbacks.
I am not a V30 hater by any stretch but with the Stiletto it's no contest for me.

If you go to the "Rig Talk" forum and scroll down half way to the Manufacturers Forums section you can look at Jim Seavall's Scumback speaker section and read up too.

How do you like them for hard rock and heavy stuff? I like the Hellatone V30s in my Bogner a lot and am afraid to replace them. I also want a Mes Boogie vert 212, and would consider Scums!

Back