C90/V30 in "X" Pattern

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
Does anyone have this configuration in a Recto standard or traditional cab? I played through A Plea For Purging's new cabs last night (recto 4x12" with v30's and recto 2x12" with c90's) and the mix sounded awesome. Just wondering if this would sound good placed within the same cabs. I plan on ordering two, and I run 2 heads in stereo, so each head would go through one of the cabs. Thanks for any thoughts.

-AJH

it seems to me thec90s would be pretty beefy in a closed back cabinet but that might not be a bad thing mixed with the v30s

thanks man. The c90's sounded really good in the Recto 2x12" I got to play through. I think they'd sound good in the bigger 4x12 version.

-AJH

A little late on your thread here, but just wanted to chime in.

I have a Stiletto 4x12 cab with an x-pattern of V30's and C90's and I love it. I bought my RK cab first and liked the mix so much I figured I would go with it on my Stiletto order. Glad I did! They do compliment each other very well. The C90 being a little scooped and the V30 being a little more midrangey. Rounds the sound out well.

Good luck!

'Tis never too late friend. Your post is exactly what I wanted to hear...or..well...read! I actually just ordered the cabs yesterday. Got the v30/c90 x pattern. Super stoked to hear what they sound like when they come in! Thanks bud

-AJH

I have a DYI 2 x 12 with v30 / c90 combo. Can't go wrong, it HAULS!! The two speakers really balance one another well. YOu get bite, crunch, and meat. Great for leads, rhythm, and HIGH GAIN.

Latest posts

Back