To sell my 412 cab or keep?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknRory

Reaction score
Just looking what to do in the future. I have my recently new Mark V head, and my cab is a Line 6 4x12 with V30's in it, but I took the logo off it when the Mark V came in.

I'm looking for a new guitar to add to my current one for a more low-mid gain kind of sound, passive pups for sure. I've also been looking at my cab. I live in Hawaii and this summer I'm moving to Washington D.C. (big move) and I was wondering if I should bring my cab and pay shipping, or Just TRY to sell it and buy a new cab in D.C. I was looking at Millsacoustic afterburners, which are built VERY well, or so ive heard. My speaker in my 4x12 are V30s, but they are CUSTOM for line 6, does that mean they just do the same thing, or just try to be a cheaper V30? I got the cab for 600 dollars at my local music store.

If I wanted to sell my cab, it would be hard because I'm on an island (the big island) and I would need to FIND someone to buy it off me, and I'm wondering how much should I let it go for.

But the big question is, ship cab or keep, and what is a bigger priority, new cab or new guitar? Thanks guys.
I'm really interested in millsacoustic btw.

I'm not sure what the Line6 cab you have would fetch on the used market/craigslist, but in Chicago Mesa 4x12 cabs can usually be had for around $500, with a few souls selling "mint condition" ones for $700 and up. $500 seems to be the unspoken average price of a Mesa 4x12, though the older ones might average a little less. I have a Traditional 4x12 and I like how it sounds with my Nomad 100 and Heartbreaker, but absolutely hate moving it because it ends up mic'd in isolation most of the time. I also have the little quirk about wanting my cabs and heads to match, so I'd somewhat vainly say that you should sell yours and get a Mesa.

Just a side note: 4x12 cabs look great onstage and sound awesome when cranked, but do you really need it? A 2x12 will give you almost the same sound in a much more portable package. To be fair though, nothing feels and sounds as "Rock 'N Roll!" as a half or full stack. It's just a thought, and if you do feel that you need the 4x12 then I wish you good hunting!

I ditched my 4 x 12 in favour of a 2 x 12 I built last summer. (well, my father in law did most of the work olol) I find the 2 x 12 sounds huge and is much easier to move. I plan on building another so I have 4 speakers when the need should arise!

I can't even find someone who wants 300 dollars for my 4x12, **** this island! I think I'm probably going to go with a Mills 4x12 in the future just cause I want to though :) Thanks for the tips guys.

Back