JVM 410 through a 2X12 Rec cab??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking of this new set-up for me.
MArshall JVM410 100w through the Rectifier cab 2X12.

I have tried this set up but with a 4X12 and I just thought that it sounded great, full of lows which I desire and it still had tonned of mids and highs that MArshall are great for. I also compared it with a 1960 Marshall cab 4x12. The Rectifer cab is just more alive, more presence, louder, and larger lower frequency spectrum of tones.

My question is, what are your thoughts and experiences with this set-up? Have you had similar success in tones with this or similar? Is there a possibility that I will be driving the 2x12 too hard with a 100W head?
any feedback is welcome.

This is
logo_phpBB.gif

:wink:

Try here: http://jvmforum.com/phpBB3/

Or other Harsmall forums.

Cheers!

/nicke

c.t.d-nicke said:
This is
logo_phpBB.gif

Cheers!

/nicke

Really? Wow. I thought I was in a Soldano forum :lol:

the second part of my question was using a Rec cab, so I was in the correct forum on under the correct thread.
Was looking for feedback and experience about using this cab with any Marshall really. You'd be suprised as to the possibility of answers if I try asking.

Large_Filter_Cap said:
c.t.d-nicke said:
This is
logo_phpBB.gif

Cheers!

/nicke

the second part of my question was using a Rec cab, so I was in the correct forum on under the correct thread.
Was looking for feedback and experience about using this cab with any Marshall really. You'd be suprised as to the possibility of answers if I try asking.

I just got a Rec vertical 2x12 for my MkV. It still needs some breaking in. Haven't tried it yet with my JVM410h, but will tonight!

thanks for the reply PJ1967,

I have this cab with a JVM410. The amp is great, and so is the cab. Great for leads, warm mids, and boomy bass when I need it.
I have noticed tho, when I palm mute and play fast, the bass sounds "mushy or spongy" as if I loose articulation, volume and definition. The attack is very pronouced too which makes it scratchy sounding at times.

what's your experience with this cab and/or with the JVM with this cab?
I am hoping the V30's need to break in so the tone falls in place more, expecially when I palm mute. thoughts?
cheers L

Hey, have you had a chance to try a JVM 410 with the the rectifier cab yet? Was wondering what your thoughts are.

pj1967 said:
Large_Filter_Cap said:
c.t.d-nicke said:
This is
logo_phpBB.gif

Cheers!

/nicke

I just got a Rec vertical 2x12 for my MkV. It still needs some breaking in. Haven't tried it yet with my JVM410h, but will tonight!

Large_Filter_Cap said:
Hey, have you had a chance to try a JVM 410 with the the rectifier cab yet? Was wondering what your thoughts are.

At first, like you, I found the cab sounded quite flubby and inarticulate...almost dishearteningly so. I've been working it a little more, and while it is improving, it still sounds fizzy, especially on the OD1 and OD2 O/R channel modes. As I've seen on the JVM forum, this is a common complaint of Celestion V30s. My Marshall 1960A cab has the stock G12T-75 which are well broken in, and the same channels still have a little fizziness, but not nearly as pronounced. I'm going to work the 2x12 Rec cab a little more before I consider swapping speakers. I am rather impressed with Eminence's Redcoat series of speakers. I have an Avatar 2x12 loaded with a Governor and Wizard. At my last gig, I paired my JVM with this cab and they sounded great. One member of the JVM forum recommended the Eminence Lynch Super V12. These sound very smooth, so I may pick one up and try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1MmrC5BHMg

I really got the vert Rec 2x12 cab for my Mark V, but so far, the pairing has not worked well. Again, it might just be I don't like the sound of V30s.

pj1967 said:
Large_Filter_Cap said:

At first, like you, I found the cab sounded quite flubby and inarticulate...almost dishearteningly so. I've been working it a little more, and while it is improving, it still sounds fizzy, especially on the OD1 and OD2 O/R channel modes. As I've seen on the JVM forum, this is a common complaint of Celestion V30s. My Marshall 1960A cab has the stock G12T-75 which are well broken in, and the same channels still have a little fizziness, but not nearly as pronounced. I'm going to work the 2x12 Rec cab a little more before I consider swapping speakers. I am rather impressed with Eminence's Redcoat series of speakers. I have an Avatar 2x12 loaded with a Governor and Wizard. At my last gig, I paired my JVM with this cab and they sounded great. One member of the JVM forum recommended the Eminence Lynch Super V12. These sound very smooth, so I may pick one up and try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1MmrC5BHMg

I really got the vert Rec 2x12 cab for my Mark V, but so far, the pairing has not worked well. Again, it might just be I don't like the sound of V30s.

Everyone is saying to break them in first...I guess V30's need a good break in before they sound good. I hope so, or I wlll be swapping these out fast and revert to something like G12T-75 in the Rec cab.

Back