Mesa's celstion Vintage 30 ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LerxstLee

Reaction score
Maybe I will get an answer here. When vintage 30s were made in the UK they were listed as 70 watts,
thus a 4X12 cab used to be listed as 280. Now H&K, B52, and on and on , any with V30s claim the new
260 watts, based on the new made in china version that is listed at 60 watts, thus a 4X12 =s 260.
Where does mesa say "they get specially made UK versions" with the new chinese made specs?
Their new cabs are now 260 watts. I am curious more than worried. I do not use mesa cabs.
Can anyone point me to the information.
Muchly appreciated
/cheers

i have no clue but wouldnt 4 60watt speakers = 240 watts?

i checked out the website and they are indeed 240watts... so maybe they are using the the 60watt speakers from china...

best bet is to call cust service next week and ask

Correct, I am batting zero, they are 60 watts , thus 4X12 for 240
thanks, yet they used to be 280. 70 watts.

I did call mesa, mesa called me back. The celestions they get are made in the U.K.
You are hearing that from a non mesa source. Yet, you can look at the mesa V30s
and they will say made in U.K. The chinese made ones say Ipswich,england on the back,
yet have a sticker with made in china on the ceramic, yet that is easily removed.
Some try to sell those as made in U.K., on the bay and the like, yet like the older V30s, they
say Made in U.K.
/cheers

Back