Mesa Boogie Tube Bass Amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I started a google group dedicated to my favorite high power tube bass heads.
I looked around the internet and didn't find anything specifically devoted to these heads so...here you go. I will try and gather together as much info as I can on these great heads. Having some difficulty tracking down info on mods and such. Hopefully this will also be a place we can share info on what tubes rock, what tubes just work and what tubes are a joke!
Mesa Tube Bass Amps Google Group

calaverasgrande said:
I looked around the internet and didn't find anything specifically devoted to these heads so...here you go. I will try and gather together as much info as I can on these great heads. Having some difficulty tracking down info on mods and such. Hopefully this will also be a place we can share info on what tubes rock, what tubes just work and what tubes are a joke!

Great site. I hope it takes off. I just picked up a Bass 400 with 6550's. I can't wait to get a cab and try it out. (I have a 1x12" Thiele, w/ EV I plan to use at low volumes until I get something else). Anything I should know about the 400 before I plug it in?

Good for you for keeping a legacy out front.

I've got some of the most modern Class D, SMPS etc heads, but my BUSTER 2x10 Wedge with or w/out
a NOS Diesel 15-

KIller!

Dry, phat tone that absolutely blows me away everytime I break it out.

Mesa All- Tube Bass amps-
That means something.

cho said:
calaverasgrande said:

Great site. I hope it takes off. I just picked up a Bass 400 with 6550's. I can't wait to get a cab and try it out. (I have a 1x12" Thiele, w/ EV I plan to use at low volumes until I get something else). Anything I should know about the 400 before I plug it in?
Make sure you have a cab patched to the right impedance jacks. EG 8 ohm to 8ohm. two 8 ohm to 4 ohm. Do not do 2 ohms! Some folks say its kosher, but I have the amp bills to say otherwise!
Always have your cab patched before you power up also.
Um, channel 1 is low gain, kind of bassman sounding. Channel 2 is high gain, kind of SVT on roids sounding. Flat is treble 2, mid 10, bass 2.
Graphic eq is post rotary eq, post effect send.

Back